[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Catch Committee

Grits and Shins

CaptainHook and a few others ... who claimed there is not an issue with what is and what is not a catch in the NFL. Apparently the NFL thinks there is a problem as they have put together a "catch committee" for this off season to review the last 20 years of catches so they can decide what is a catch and what is not a catch.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/12/10/catch-rule-committee-members-dez-bryant/77114406/

And Dez Bryant wants input.

The NFL has heard the masses complaining and are doing something to show you they care. Whether anything real or significant comes out of it remains to be seen. James Thrash? they couldn't find a former NFL receiver that has a little more credibility.

As for Dez, he GUMMI BEAR and just play football, or try to stay healthy enough to play football. But of course they'll try to appease him too and listen to his rantings.

I'm not going to get into a debate as to the merit of the current catch rule, or whether I believe it is right, wrong, or indifferent, but IMO the rule, as it is currently written, is generally being interpreted and applied (on replay) by the officials correctly...I also think that in order to appease the masses, the NFL has to do something...I agree that only time will tell whether any meaningful changes will come about as a result of the committee...

However, I'm relatively sure my response will elicit a manure-storm of commentary from G&S...so, I'll just say it ONCE, this (above) is ALL I have to say about the matter and leave it at that...

• Like 1