[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Play against your Def

iujam1

This came up for me last year I was in a close matchup and my opponent had a RB and a DEF playing on Mon night I was up by about 20. In our league you get 6 for a TD and the Def. starts with 15 pts and that goes down when the opponent scores so his RB scores 6 to the good but wait his DEF goes down to 12 net gain 3 pts. You get the picture I ended up with the win because he couldn't score enough without it hurting on the other side so I Was wondering is this an accepted strategy i.e. This week My RB Ware vs my DEF Houston. I posted here because I'm more concerned with the strategy than the play Thanks for your thoughts

Many if not most leagues will award DEF pts based on total number of points allowed, and most scoring systems will start with max, then subtract points as the opposition scores.

Thus, you start the DEF that you think will cause the most turnovers, score the most defensive touchdowns and give up the least total points. And you start the RB you think will score the most. Doesn't matter if they're playing each other.

No strategy there, just overthinking.

• Like 3

If its a tossup on who to play in the flex, and one of them is playing against my defense, that's usually the tie breaker for me. I don't like to have a player on my team who I want to score big, going against my defense. It's counter productive. Same type of strategy where my opponent may have OBJ and I decide to start Eli over Cam that week to minimize the damage of OBJ possibly going off. I don't think you are over thinking it.

If its a tossup on who to play in the flex, and one of them is playing against my defense, that's usually the tie breaker for me. I don't like to have a player on my team who I want to score big, going against my defense. It's counter productive. Same type of strategy where my opponent may have OBJ and I decide to start Eli over Cam that week to minimize the damage of OBJ possibly going off. I don't think you are over thinking it.

That is because you also over think it. If you think Cam is going to score more, play Cam. If Eli is going to score more, play Eli. Who your opponent is starting should have ZERO bearing on your roster.

You'll hear most long time FFers agreeing with this.