[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What about Jimmy Graham?

jailbirds

Yup. At some point. Wilson already says Graham is his best friend on the team. Chemistry like that is going to find it's way onto the field as well. As soon as Graham is playing at full health Wilson's going to realize all he really has to do inside the 10 is throw the ball up there for Graham to go grab like a rebound. He's simply too talented and his injury shouldn't be the type to take away his physical abilities.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 1

Patella tendon injuries aren't easy to recover from, as the tendon is unlike any other tendon in the body (other than the other patella tendon, of course). This isn't like a torn ACL, where the tendon can be replaced and come back just as strong. I have doubts that he'll ever be as effective again as he once was.

• Like 1

His game was never predicated on speed or explosiveness. Size and hands were his strengths. As long as he doesn't have to use a walker or a cane to get around his game should be less affected than that of a speed guy. To be honest, once he left Brees he was never going to be as effective as he once was.

His game was never predicated on speed or explosiveness. Size and hands were his strengths. As long as he doesn't have to use a walker or a cane to get around his game should be less affected than that of a speed guy. To be honest, once he left Brees he was never going to be as effective as he once was.

except brees has continued his success... last year, in 15 games, he threw for 32 td and 4870 yards. with a 16th game, he would have eclipsed his td AND yardage total from the previous year.

are you saying that because your gut feels it?

Edited by oaklandfaders

except brees has continued his success... last year, in 15 games, he threw for 32 td and 4870 yards. with a 16th game, he would have eclipsed his td AND yardage total from the previous year.

are you saying that because your gut feels it?

Brees effectiveness after Graham left is irrelevant

• Like 1

Speed, no; explosiveness, yes - but I mean explosive jumping. Patella tendon injury can have a large impact on leaping ability, so those jump balls that he was once pulling down with ease might not be coming with as much frequency in the future.

Speed, no; explosiveness, yes - but I mean explosive jumping. Patella tendon injury can have a large impact on leaping ability, so those jump balls that he was once pulling down with ease might not be coming with as much frequency in the future.

True, but he's like 7 feet tall. Who needs to jump? All he has to do is reach up. All joking aside, I did consider the his jumping to make the contested catch, which he did do frequently. I also considered he's big enough to learn to shield defenders better and still make the catch. Maybe the pass has to be a little more precise than just "in the general vicinity" but I'd be surprised to just see his skills completely disappear.

Thanks for the replies. I have been stashing him on my team in hopes that he might bounce back. My gut feeling is that he may become average, but I don't think he will be the dominant force that he once was. This is due to both his injury and his QB status. The Seahawks offense was never built around the skill set of Graham.