[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League drafting

1fastdoc

I realize this is early but I'm asking for input since we can trade draft spots as well and I intend to do exactly that.

It's a 10 team league with 10 active spots and 10 bench spots on Yahoo's network.  I'm the commish and a novice at that.

One simple way is to have 10 or even 15 keepers.  Worst team drafts first.  But 15 keepers means it's going to really screw up the draft order since you lose the round in which you kept a player.  Somehow, someone will get shafted.

Is there a way to increase roster spots to draft rookies and then make cuts prior to season start?  I foresee a giant manure show.  

Anyone experienced with this?

After the regular NFL season is over increase the roster limits by 4-5 players, with a mandatory drop down to the league maximum of 20 sometime the week before the actual 1st game of the season.  Do a rookie draft with 4-5 rounds after the NFL draft with how ever many rounds you increase your player limit to.

Owners can decide to keep their rookies during the preseason, or cut some of their vets, to meet the maximum roster size before the season starts.  Any owner who doesn't cut by the deadline has their team cuts decided by the commish and/or co-commish.