[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Cooks really a top 10 WR?

Judge Smales

Just curious what others think of Cooks ROS.  He has really only had one good game, in my .5PPR league has has two games around 5 pts and two around 10.  Not what I expect from a #1 WR.  I currently also have a bunch of WR2/3 guys (Tate, Benjamin, R. Matthews, Fuller) along with Cooks and getting frustrated with him only having a good game 20% of the time.

I know this is somewhat the nature of NE WR, but was foolishly thinking he may the more consistent option / deep threat for Brady, not sure if maybe Brady has lost a bit in his ability to throw the deep ball.  Hogan and Amendola seem to be ahead of or even with Cooks.  I'm not sure how Cooks is still top 10 in the ROS rankings. 

Wondering if it would be worth trying to sell high the next time he has a great game or just wait with the expectation he will get more consistent.  What is everyone else doing with him, buying or selling?

He may get a little more consistent, but he's a boom or bust guy in an offense that spreads it around. Right now Brady favors Hogan -- who knew? -- but that could shift next week. He may be a borderline WR1 by the numbers, but he doesn't give you the weekly production that you can count on. If you can get decent value for him, I would trade him.

Because he's not the 'focal point' like Gronk is and even Hogan to a lesser extent (because of Edelman's injury) he's going to be up and down.  The games he gets a lot of yards are going to be the game that probably has a TD or 2 in them.  This is no different than what he did last year.  I just don't see him at the RZ target and he isn't he's been targeted once.  Hogan 10 times, Gronk 7 times.. that's a telling stat that he has to do his dmg outside the redzone running it in which he can do but makes him more boomy/busty.

In fact even more telling is that Amendola has caught 6 for 6 of his RZ targets.  So the bulk of all Brady passes are going to Hogan, Amendola and Gronk.. 

Edited by robotpimp

10 hours ago, robotpimp said:

So the bulk of all Brady passes are going to Hogan, Amendola and Gronk.. 

So Brady is a racist

He's going to be boom or bust every week unfortunately.  I am equally frustrated by him and am considering benching him for Fuller or Abdullah.  I'd love to trade him, so I'm hoping for a solid game tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

So Brady is a racist

He's going to be boom or bust every week unfortunately.  I am equally frustrated by him and am considering benching him for Fuller or Abdullah.  I'd love to trade him, so I'm hoping for a solid game tomorrow.

Lol..:D

I mean think of who you put ahead of him. The only clear cut people are: AB, AJ Green, Jordy, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Hopkins.

Then you have a couple who are probably/maybe ahead of him: Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan.

Who else is above him ROS? Maybe Keenan Allen? Maybe TY Hilton?

He's a top 9-12 WR imo.

3 minutes ago, shnugen27 said:

I mean think of who you put ahead of him. The only clear cut people are: AB, AJ Green, Jordy, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Hopkins.

Then you have a couple who are probably/maybe ahead of him: Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan.

Who else is above him ROS? Maybe Keenan Allen? Maybe TY Hilton?

He's a top 9-12 WR imo.

For sure Allen and TY and possibly Crabtree.. don't sleep on Thielen either but I think Cooks is about right there with him, except Thielen weekly is more consistent.