[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Evans value?

Shaft

I'm super strong at WR with A. Brown, J. Jones, and M. Evans as my starters. I'm concerned about Evans, so I'm trying to figure out his trade value.

I'm thinking about these players: Hunt, Freeman, M. Thomas, Hopkins, and Baldwin,

He should still be about the #5 receiver or so. He had one bad game and now he's suspended one more game. Don't sell low. He still had a good game against Arizona when Jameis was out, and he's still obviously their top weapon.

As such he's much more valuable than Baldwin (a good WR2) or Freeman (a good RB2), and maybe even Hopkins too now that Watson is injured. Thomas is about at his level and maybe a tad higher because the QB situation is great. Hunt is unknown. If I were a Hunt owner I would be probably more concerned than I would be if I were an Evans owner (which I am, actually).

He's still a very good WR1. I also think you shouldn't get rid of people at their lowest point. Unless he gets injured, there's no way his value will be lower at any point the rest of the season than it is right now. So if you want/wanted to trade him, you probably should have done so already or should do so once he has a great week. 

When Jameis is playing, Evans is probably a little more valuable than Julio. He scores touchdowns and Julio just plan doesn't, despite getting more yardage. I guess you could say this makes Evans TD dependent but I really would rather have Evans. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BottleWalk said:

....his productivity will only go up since this is his lowest point. 

I have to disagree.  He just lost his starting QB, possibly for an extended period and the offense appears to be a complete mess.  I think Michael Thomas is the most reasonable target because he's been steady but not spectacular.  His playoff schedule is also very favorable. I'd swap Evans for Thomas in a second.

1 hour ago, Booyah! said:

I have to disagree.  He just lost his starting QB, possibly for an extended period and the offense appears to be a complete mess.  I think Michael Thomas is the most reasonable target because he's been steady but not spectacular.  His playoff schedule is also very favorable. I'd swap Evans for Thomas in a second.

Thomas is more valuable than Evans but I don't think it's obvious and I'd also point out that Evans will still get a lot of targets no matter who is QB. As a rookie with Josh McCown throwing his way he still had a very productive year. He's a WR1 even if Jameis is out for more than a few weeks.

And of course his value is at its lowest now. He just had a complete dud game followed by a suspension. There's not a very high chance at all that he has another game this season with such a bad performance.