[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo Autodrafting Questions

8rattoon

I have a few questions about autodrafting on Yahoo. If any of you have have experience with such I could use your help! I have scoured the web already but couldn't find answers on these.

I have an online draft this evening. I know for a fact that two league members will be autodrafting for at least part of the draft. Which leads me to two questions: 

1) As commish, how do I designate a team manager as autodrafting, as opposed to live drafting? Or is that something they have to log in to do ahead of time, on their end? How is it initiated?

2) Is it possible for a team manager to toggle back and forth between autodrafting and live drafting, if he is only available for a portion of the draft? Can someone start with autodraft and then pop in and live draft halfway through? If so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I've commissioned this league for 12 years but we've always done a live, in-person draft....this COVID is really throwing me for a loop!

Edited by 8rattoon

It's my understanding that it's automatic and yahoo will populate the roster with the next player with highest ADP. We've had guys lose connection and wind up with a decent roster anyway because time would expire before they could log back on. 

I don't know if there is an AI that will prevent an auto drafter from having 4 QB and 1 WR if the ADP ranking happens to fall that way. 

You don't need to do anything.

A manager can log in and out at anytime during a draft. if they're disconnected (purposefully or accidentally) they go into autodraft. It will fill out your entire team, so you will get a DEF and K in rounds 8-11 usually. The AI has gotten better about balancing the team and not loading up on one position, and I think it's better about discounting injured players (although with no preseason, no one is really injured). They can reorder their list to remove players and create a custom ranking in advance. Don't know if removing D/K entirely will avoid drafting them.

I haven't done it on the phone, but they can draft in the app in case they're away from a desktop computer.

Make sure you turn the sound on at the bottom left of the window!! I just drafted, and it was default "off" so, I didn't get the audio countdown during my pick and it autodrafted a player from my queue when I ran out of time.