[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2021 LLD Rookie Draft and commentary

Henry Muto

The 2021 LLD Rookie Draft kicks off tomorrow May 14th, 2020 @ 6:00 PM ET.  Here are few reminders

First Pick
If you own the 1.01 pick - the predrafting does not work or at least it has not in the past.

24 hours per pick
There will be a 24 hour timer in force during the draft. You may use pre-selects if you want or won't be around for a long period of time.  Owners should communicate any potential long absences from the boards to the league via league chat or the Huddle forum and have a contingency plan for picks to be made for them in their absence (i.e. pre-selects). If an owner is "on the clock" for more than 24 hours during the draft and the site skips their pick they can still make their pick by posting in the forum who they want as long as the player has not been picked.  If the draft ends all picks not yet taken must be made within 24 hours of the draft ending or those teams forfeit their picks.  The 24 hour clock is intended for those who can't be around all the time or for those in different time zones.

Draft Instructions

Live Draft Room
You can draft from live draft room and the draft email still goes out (MFL changed this thanks to my many years of complaining about it)

1. If you prefer you can still draft from the "For Owners | Draft" home page.  (You also use this for each pick you wish to set the pre-select draft pick for)
  2. From the top menu, Select For Owners | Draft.
  3. Select player from drop-down list.
  4. Click Draft or Save These Picks And Continue if you are pre-drafting.

Pre-select draft picks

You use the For Owners --> Draft page

You can do as many of the picks predraft as you want and you put in a list of players and if all the players are picked then the site will wait for you to make a pick.  So if you really want a player but would be unsure who you would pick if that player is gone you can just put in 1 or 2 players in your predraft.  The Site will not auto select if your predraft runs out.

Trades
Commissioners will do their best to process any trades that may occur as they can.
If you make a trade during my personal working hours (7 AM ET to 3:30 PM ET Monday - Friday) and no one else is able to get to the trade right away please email at my work email hmuto@paulo.com that you made a trade and I will go in and review and make it official on MFL.

If you have any questions let me know.
  • Thanks 1

Freiermuth being the 16th pick threw things off a little, but a smart move in a TE premium league, especially if he won't make it back around to you. I think Opie drafted him at his true value and he's been undervalued in "expert" rankings. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LordOpie said:

You're up in lld

14 hours ago, Shaft said:

I know.....processing.

No rush!

3 qbs in a row! Tic tac toe!

You made me regret it as soon as I hit submit. I was hoping he would last a few more picks. Nice move. 

You wanted freiermuth? I really truly didn't know nor was i trying to mess with you.

Yeah. I've never seen him go this early, I think he will be something big in 2 years. I drafted value over need, always a tricky game. 

13 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Never this early? 

24 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

I don't like the color board it doesn't tell you which teams took the players for the trades.

The color scheme is supposed to let you know the "value" of the pick based on ADP; it's pretty useless. Let me check my spread sheets, I might have a better table. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Shaft, what are your thoughts? I really like your first four picks. i was hoping to get Kenny Yeboah, thought he might continue falling.

I have mixed feelings on my draft. I took over this team and I was questioning do I try to compete now or build my dynasty? Do I draft for need or value? After looking over it, I clearly drafted for value because if it was "need" I would've drafted more TEs. I shouldn't have drafted Chris Evans, I should've drafted Ihmir Smith-Marsette; I think he might have some value as Thielen ages out. 

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

What do the colors mean?

Like I said, it's useless since it's based on rankings/ADP.

Green=Value pick (drafted later than they should)

Blue= They're being drafted right around their ranking/ADP)

Yellow= slight reach (drafting a little early)

Red= Reach (drafting before their ranking/ADP)

Green=QB

Blue=RB

Yellow=WR

Red=TE

ETA: For common sense

Edited by Shaft
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Lol i reached on all mine!

Technically, yes, but not really. Pitts is NOT a reach for a #1 pick in a TE premium dynasty league. If you look at the colors, the only red picks are the TEs because most of them are not ranked in the rookie rankings. Like I said, the color scheme is meaningless for this league. I'll post the YODT draft results when it's done in August. LOL

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Like I said, it's useless since it's based on rankings/ADP.

Green=Value pick (drafted later than they should)

Blue= They're being drafted right around their ranking/ADP)

Yellow= slight reach (drafting a little early)

Red= Reach (drafting before their ranking/ADP)

I don't believe that is what the colors mean.

Did you notice that every QB is Green, every RB is Blue, every WR is Yellow and every TE is Red so pretty sure that is color by position and that is all it means.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

I don't believe that is what the colors mean.

Did you notice that every QB is Green, every RB is Blue, every WR is Yellow and every TE is Red so pretty sure that is color by position and that is all it means.

:doh:Henry you are right! LMAO! I'm looking at the other draft board and it's a different color scheme. Opie trust the champion and not me using some app on the side. 

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

This concludes the 2021 LLD rookie draft.  Next up Free Agency begins on June 1st.  All rookies have been marked with the DTS2021 tag feel free to put them on your taxi squad or leave them on your roster it doesn't really matter right now.  All DTS2018 players were already played on rosters since their 3 years on the taxi were up.

• Like 1