[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you define a dynasty league?

1fastdoc

We've had some debate on this topic in our league. It's Yahoo so it's really just a super keeper league. The original idea was draft 25, cut to 20 (later got increased to 22). That way each year it's really mostly a rookie and Def draft. I like it, but I also keep an eye on things all year. And honestly it takes 30 min to prep a rookie draft if that. 

Some of the guys just don't follow it enough, they're more like roulette players who just want action, even if it's luck. As you can imagine, they are usually bottom of the pack. One of the better players also prefers redraft so we have a push to reduce the bench to 16. Unless it's Bijan, that means all the rookies get dropped. That's not dynasty to me. 

What's the consensus here? We start 10. How deep should the bench be in a 10 team dynasty league? Btw, I'm the commish, I set it all up so I am biased. 

In my "dynasty" leagues, we keep our entire rosters, and have a rookie draft.

2 of these are also with contracts, so we have restricted free agency in the offseason for any player whose contract has expired in addition to our rookie draft. The contracts certainly add an extra wrinkle in player valuations for trades, and it also means that at some point, just about every player will become available in some sense, you can't just keep a guy in perpetuity without taking action to retain them. These ones also have a taxi squad that owners can stash rookies/young guys - they don't count towards your roster limit, but you can't use them unless you promote them to the active roster and assign them a contract.

One of my others is the traditional keep everyone, no contracts. Draft is any unrostered player, so it's usually 85% rookies then could be a guy that is positioned to have an increased role in the current year that was not rostered the previous year.

FFPC dynasty leagues you do trim rosters from 20 down to 16 at end of March and prior to the draft which is rookies/free agents combined