[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Very tough keeper question

Hey everyone,

I have a really tough keeper question and would love your expert thoughts. 

I need to keep two players for the 2024 season and thankfully I have until a week before the season to decide.

There's no rules on what round a player was drafted and can keep forever if wanted. It is a 2QB league though.

My best options are: Lamar Jackson, CeeDee Lamb, Bijan Robinson, Puka Nacua, and Chris Olave.

Am leaning Lamar and Lamb given it's a 2QB league and great having an elite QB, but tough to throw Bijan back.

There are a few things needed for context. How many points are PASS TD? Is it a PPR league? How many team? Do you have a first round pick & if so what spot are you drafting? What positions do you think will be drafted before your pick? Is this snake style draft?  

If it's PPR & say you are drafting 3 or 4 & depending on what you think those picks ahead of you will do. In this scenario if you think first couple of teams are likely to go QB & you are at 3 or 4 hold onto Jackson & Lamb & pick who is going to be either your first or second choice from RB on the board. If you think it might go the other way just reverse it, hold onto Bijan & get who should be your first or second choice at QB. 

Also whatever the deadline is wait till the last minute so you can see who is getting thrown back into the player pool before you decide who to cut. Helps you get an estimate of where the teams ahead of you might go with their R1 picks.

Don't over think it.  Provided something drastic doesn't happen, you'd keep Lamar and CeeDee.  Try to trade Bijan and others to lacking teams (if allowed) before the keeper deadline. 

• 2 weeks later...

@FastSteveit's 10 teams, six points per passing touchdown and pretty regular scoring system (six points for touchdown, point per reception. We don't do the draft order until later in the year. Am certainly leaning Lamar (given it's a 2QB and he's a top 3-4 option) and Lamb (arguably the WR1 in fantasy).

6 hours ago, KingKelce said:

@FastSteveit's 10 teams, six points per passing touchdown and pretty regular scoring system (six points for touchdown, point per reception. We don't do the draft order until later in the year. Am certainly leaning Lamar (given it's a 2QB and he's a top 3-4 option) and Lamb (arguably the WR1 in fantasy).

Given the format of your league I think you have the right idea.