[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper struggles continue

At first it was between Tyreek at 1.12 or Rashee Rice at 11.12 but Rice is probably out of the question unless he doesn't get suspended until 2025, which still then idk if I wanna deal with that.. so now my options are Tyreek at 1.12 or Laporta at 8.1?? Maybe James Cook in the 6th but idk. It's full ppr with decent bonuses for big plays and yardage marks. What's everyone's thoughts on who'd they choose? 

So it looks like snake draft, 12th/1st picks?  Single keeper?  PPR?

I look at LaPorta like Kelce.  The guy who has him is going to keep him and have one less decision to make every week.  If it's PPR you may have your TE for the next 5-10 years for an 8th round pick.  I like those odds.  Tyreek has already said his days are numbered but even if he stays in for 3 more years, we're at the backside of his productivity.  

With Hill getting up there in age & LaPorta only costing a 8th round pick LaPorta is the keeper for me. TE is a thin position & LaPorta should be no worse than top 3 & very well could be the top TE at the end of the season. If you are any good at IDP I could use a little advise over in the IDP section.

On 7/9/2024 at 2:08 PM, 1fastdoc said:

So it looks like snake draft, 12th/1st picks?  Single keeper?  PPR?

I look at LaPorta like Kelce.  The guy who has him is going to keep him and have one less decision to make every week.  If it's PPR you may have your TE for the next 5-10 years for an 8th round pick.  I like those odds.  Tyreek has already said his days are numbered but even if he stays in for 3 more years, we're at the backside of his productivity.  

Yeah it's full ppr snake draft with 1 keeper. Buy you can only keep your keeper for 1 year then you have to pick someone else.. it would be nice to keep laporta in the 8th for years and years but you can't.  Just one year, which is cool I think cuz it doesn't locked down players to just one team.  Idk if that changes your decision or not...?

On 7/14/2024 at 1:35 PM, FastSteve said:

With Hill getting up there in age & LaPorta only costing a 8th round pick LaPorta is the keeper for me. TE is a thin position & LaPorta should be no worse than top 3 & very well could be the top TE at the end of the season. If you are any good at IDP I could use a little advise over in the IDP section.

On 7/14/2024 at 1:35 PM, FastSteve said:

Sorry bro I don't ever play with IDP guys but if you have a question I can still try and help you..

17 hours ago, keeks said:

Yeah it's full ppr snake draft with 1 keeper. Buy you can only keep your keeper for 1 year then you have to pick someone else.. it would be nice to keep laporta in the 8th for years and years but you can't.  Just one year, which is cool I think cuz it doesn't locked down players to just one team.  Idk if that changes your decision or not...?

It does.  I'd lean towards Hill, even for a 1st round pick but then I've sucked at picking TE's having spent my 1.01 on Pitts when he entered the NFL.  I'm still bitter over the Jordan Reed years.  So if I picked LaPorta he'd get knocked out in the first week because the FF Gods hate me.  

Argument for Hill is that he has a much higher ceiling and he'll be gone by your 1.12 pick.  Then you get the 2.01 pick for another good WR/RB.

But you could get LaPorta well above his ADP and hopefully not worry about that position.  

I don't think I'm helping lol

7 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

It does.  I'd lean towards Hill, even for a 1st round pick but then I've sucked at picking TE's having spent my 1.01 on Pitts when he entered the NFL.  I'm still bitter over the Jordan Reed years.  So if I picked LaPorta he'd get knocked out in the first week because the FF Gods hate me.  

Argument for Hill is that he has a much higher ceiling and he'll be gone by your 1.12 pick.  Then you get the 2.01 pick for another good WR/RB.

But you could get LaPorta well above his ADP and hopefully not worry about that position.  

I don't think I'm helping lol

Haha it's all good bro,  your input helps! Tyreek is my guy for sure and you already know he's gonna be awesome but I also think big Port is gonna be great too, plus I'd be getting him in a nice value spot.. the thing is TE actually is kinda loaded this year and you don't need a great one to be good. I've done mocks where I've gotten Andrew's in the fifth and I'd be total fine with that! Keep tyreek grab the next best WR then snag 2 RBS in the 3rd and 4th, with Andrew's or someone like that in the 5th! That would be ideal. QB I'm just gonna wait til super late and grab Tua or goff or Purdy lol