[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 10

Hugh 0ne

Pick 2 RB

LT at Oakland

McGahee vs. St Louis

Blaylock vs. New England

Pick 2 WR

Ward at Cincy

Mason at J'Ville

Coles at Philly

Robinson vs Detroit

Kennison vs New England

Thanks

561002[/snapback]

LT and McGahee.

Ward and Mason.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh,

Got myself into a Jam

WTS

Clayton @ San Fran

Harrison @ Chicago

Smith @ Tennessee

Johnson @ Green Bay

I know your oponion is always start your STUDS but think I should stick with SMITH and JOHNSON

What do you think

THanks in Advance

561010[/snapback]

You're thinking this because Harrison had a bad week. Put that behind you and start Marvin, and look for him to do VERY well this week. Start A. Johnson along side of him, Green Bay's pass defense gives up A LOT of TD's.

J. Smith is nice option as well, but I'd start A. Johnson over Smith because of the in-experience of Garrard.

Clayton is not a better option than any of those 3. Keep him on the pine.

Hugh, Here are my starters:

Brees

LT

Emmitt or Dunn

Clayton

Chad Johnson

Morton or Fitz or Gaffney

Do I trade Fitz and Dunn for Wayne and William Green.  I am many points behind, so I sort of get the feeling it's now or never.  Di I trade away my backup RB for a WR upgrade?

561016[/snapback]

I guess you can make that move. Wayne is certainly an upgrade for you. Try making the deal with Emmitt first, and if he doesn't bite and you really want Wayne change it to Dunn.

I can start two of these:

D. McAllister

D. Davis

C. Martin

This could pretty much clinch my division this week.

1 pt every 25 yds rus

1 pt every 25 yds rec

6 pts TD Rus or rec

bonus pt for 100 yds

1 pt every 5 receptions

Which 2?

Thanks in advance.

JYG

561057[/snapback]

Well, you have 3 studs, so throw the ASYS theory out the window. Curtis Martin has been a machine, and it may have taken me 9 weeks to believe it, but I think you can't bench this guy.

Then, play the matchup, and play Davis.

Yep, D. Davis and Curtis Martin.

All 3 are excellent options this week, and any combination of the three should get you nice points, but I'd bench McAllister if I had to chose.

I can either start 3 RBs and 1 WR or 2 RBs and 2 WRs. I never thought depth could be a bad thing!

1 point every 10 yards rush/rec...6 points for rush/rec TD

LT2 @ Oak

Pittman vs. SF

Emmitt @ Car

McGahee vs. StL

Thomas Jones vs. Indy

J. Walker @ Hou

Andre Johnson vs. GB

Hugh you could be my savior!  Im sorry to ask you to pick more than 2 but Im dumbfounded.  You dont have to pick all if you dont want, but any advice would be helpful!

561194[/snapback]

LT, McGahee, Walker and Johnson, with Pittman being a close replacement for McGahee, but I think I'd stick with Willis, although he did have a down week last week, he should bounce back nicely against the Rams.

Good luck. :D

:D

Hugh One:

You were right on last week with Taylor... this week Pittman is playing SF and Taylor is going against TEN.  Pittman's match up against SF almost looks too good to pass up?  Taylor will lose short yardage carries and td's, so that is bothering me and making me think Pittman is the way to go.

My WR's are CJ, Burress, Lelie... do I dare bench CJ against PIT and go with Burress against CLE and Lelie against NO?  CJ is such a let down, but the last time I benched him he went off against Champ and DEN. 

Just for fun:  ATL DEF against NYG or SEA DEF against MIA?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance.

561196[/snapback]

I don't bench Taylor. Nope. Stick with him, he's getting hot. Pittman's a great option, and I don't like benching him, but I would in favor of Taylor.

Too be honest, I know you're thinking Lelie because of the matchup, but I'd play the better WR's, and those are clearly CJ and Burress.

Probably Seattle based on the matchup. I think Feely is starting for Miami again, so Seattle could have a good day on defense.

Hugh - took a wrong turn and somehow ended up in the Tailgate... holy crap I was laughing my a@@ off during your thread to name your girl (if it's a girl)!

Congrats... The Mrs. and I have an unknown on the way ourselves (April)

561203[/snapback]

Congrats to you as well. I'll be sharing my experience in the tailgate, so be sure to check in, maybe I can give you some advice before your big day. :D

Hugh, League info in my signature.  Carr or Trent on MNF? 

Also, check out my RB situation.  Big game for me this week.  Need to nail it for post season play in our league.  The C. Brown/T. Jones situations are a concern.  Almost tempted to trade D-Jax for RB Depth and start McCardell.  Do I hang in there and hedge with a trade. 

Thanks,  Cuda

12 Team Scoring/Performance League/non-keeper

QB: T. Green, D. Carr

RB: D. McAllister, T. Jones, C. Brown, S. Jackson, T. Wheatley

WR: J. Walker, D. Jackson, J. Morton, B. Stokley, K. McCardell

TE: M. Pollard Def: Da Bears K: S. Christie

561259[/snapback]

First things first. Carr/Green is a toss up. Play the matchup, and play Green.

I bench Brown and Jones this week, because I don't think either will play. That being said, I wouldn't trade, start Deuce and Wheatley.

At WR, I'd start McCardell regardless. Start him over DJax. Start Keenan and Walker.

Hey Hugh!

How are ya? I was offered Pittman & the Atl D for Edge & Rattay...Should I do it?

Here is my current lineup

D. Culpepper

Jamal Lewis

Edge

Reuben Drougns

Hines Ward

M. Clayton

D. Givens

Antonio Bryant

bobby Engram

Tony Gonzalez

SEA D

Buf D

I am a frustated Edge owner.

Hugh Dog,

On a 4-0 run after going 0-4 prior to that. Some of my low level RBs are finally paying dividends. This week is a pivotal one, so I need your advice.

I can play 3 RBs. Who would you choose from this group:

Rudi Johnson at home vs. Steelers (this one scares me)

Travis McGahee at home vs. Rams (seems like a lock)

Michael Pittman at home vs. 49ers (seems like a lock)

Derrick Blaylock at home vs. Patriots (this one scares me)

Sammy Morris away at Seahawks (seems like a dud)

Lee Suggs at home vs. Jets (seems like a dud)

Also, and please understand that this is coming from my son the Broncos fan, he thinks I should bench Manning against the Bears and play (gasp) Jake Plummer vs. the Saints. I know full well there’s no way I bench Manning, but I told him I’d float that out to you and get your take. Fire away. Thanks!!!!

561267[/snapback]

IMO, your RB scenario is pretty clear. Start Rudi, Travis and Pittman. Blaylock isn't a bad option, and I'd consider him over Rudi or Travis, but I'm always concerned about backups. Forget Suggs, he's in a RBBC, and forget Morris, he plays on the worst team in the league.

And no, don't bench Peyton Manning. Ever. Dude's going to break Marino's all time TD total, and you want to bench him. For Jake the Fake. :D

Hi Hugh,

I have a qb dilemma in two leagues.  Scoring is 1 pt. per 25 yards passing, all td's are 6 points, interceptions/fumbles lost are -2 each.

League 1 - Brady at KC or Carr at home against Green Bay?  I know Carr could have a good game.  But he screwed me last week and cost me a win.  Brady goes up against a lame Chiefs secondary and could also have a good game.  He just seems more reliable.

League 2 - Carr at home against GB or Griese at home against San Francisco?  I also started Carr in this league and got screwed.  Griese is playing well.

I'm just gun shy about Carr because he hasn't had a td pass in three weeks.  What do you think?  Thanks.

561377[/snapback]

If you benched players every time they had a bad game, you'd be benching guys like TO and Harrison every once in a while as well.

I'm not saying Carr is a great option, but don't base your decision on whether to bench him or not on last weeks performance.

That being said, I start Carr in both cases.

I'm in WR hell again Hugh...

Coles @ Phillie

Toomer vs Atlanta

Or should I give my newly acquired Whitten a shot?? vs Balt.

Pick one...

Thanks!

561393[/snapback]

I wouldn't start a WR in a New York Giant uniform when Eli Manning gets his first start behind a line that has given up 39 sacks.

I think Coles is a decent option, and Ramsey can't do worse than Brunell, and looked very good last week when he replaced Brunell as well.

I would not start Whitten over Coles.

Hey Hugh. 

I have a trade pending until tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure it will go through. 

Morris/Green for A Lelie.  I get Lelie.

I need your advice at WR.  I have Horn/Walker/Burleson/Lelie.  I will start 3.

Since Denver's D is so tough, I'm thinking of benching Horn and going with

Walker(plays Houston)/ Lelie(plays NO)/ Burleson(plays Detroit).  What do you think.

561409[/snapback]

I'm either gonna be a hero for this on Monday or you guys are going to be coming for me with torches and pitchforks. Do not bench Horn. He is 5th in yards and 8th in receptions. I realize he plays against Champ Bailey, but good WR's still produce. Start Walker, Horn and Lelie.

I am already starting Walker versus Houston.

I need to pick one out of three for the final spot...

A. Lelie vs NO - Good matchup...but will Denver be content to run, run, run against NO

J Smith vs TEN - Seems to have connected with Garrard...but is Garrard reliable

J Horn vs Denver - Horn's a stud and consistant...tough to bench, but Denvers D is tough.

Your input is appreciated....

561478[/snapback]

Last time I'm saying this. Do not bench Joe Horn. If you want reasons, I've posted them about 5 times already.

Hey Hugh,

Pretty much decided, but just looking for a second opinion.

Standard scoring

QB: Going with Griese  v. SF over Rattay @ TB and Hass v. Mia

Hass has been a disappointment

RB: LDT @ Oak and McGahee v. STL over

Faulk @ Buf, and Westbrook v. Wash

Faulk is sick and playing a pissed off Buf D in Buff and The Bills will look to run often

TE: Wiggins v. Det over Shockey v. ATL

either Eli will be looking to Shockey to bail him out or he'll be in there to run block, can't take a chance this week.

Thanks in advance!

561539[/snapback]

I agree 100% with all of your decisions and would make exactly the same moves if it was my team.

I think Shockey will be pinned to the line trying to save little Eli from getting murdered.

Griese is the safe play against a weak pass defense, while Rattay is a risk because of his arm and Hasselbeck has sucked.

Just keep an eye on LT's health. The bye week should have helped, but if you hear anything negative from practice this week, you may want to consider Westbrook, but ONLY if it looks like LT will lose carries.

Good luck.

Hey Hugh- 4 things

I saw one of your posts that said that you would start Hasselbeck over Delhomme this week. Hasselbeck is still nursing a knee injury. I didn't know if you knew something that I didn't or imo it comes down to who seems to be more healthy come gametime. I ask because I have the same dilemna this week and it has been a roller coaster all year so far. My inclination is to go with the hot hand and keep Delhomme in. But this week I find myself very indecisive.

I have another QB dilemna in my keeper league. I have Brooks, Testy, and Eli. So this week poses a problem. Brooks and Testy both have tough matchups against DEN and BAL. And Eli is a rookie who is getting his 1st start and I don't expect much out of him against a mediocre ARI pass D. My inclination is to stick with Brooks, but Testy threw pretty good against a mediocre PHI pass D last week but I don't trust that he will do it two weeks in a row. Tell you what, the rookie looks really tempting right now.

I know that I probably shouldn't be asking this, but who do you think will carry the load for the Panthers run game for the rest of the year. Harris, Goings, Hoover, or Bennett. I am just curious because in my 14 team keeper league running backs are just that thin on FA. And right now I have LT2, S. Jackson, Chatman, M. Moore and B. Hoover. I need someone to complement LT2 and I thought that it would be Moore but that didn't work out.

I am also wondering what your thoughts are on Arizona's RB situation for next year. I am not giving up on this year, yet. But I saw that Marcel Shipp was out on FA due to being on IR. And was thinking that he would be a nice addition to my team next year if I knew that he would be the guy. Emmitt is old!! Just wanted your take.

Anyway, Appreciate the thoughts!!

And by the way, good for you for saying something about the whining and posts about Grits. I don't agree with everything that Grits does, but if something comes up I just ignore the comment, but still answer everybody's posts. But really the whining has gotten to be more annoying than anything and I don't even read the posts anymore because of it. The only thing I sign on for each week is to put my weekly questions in and get a second opinion from you to keep myself in check. I don't always take your advise, but it is really nice just to hear the different angles that someone else takes at looking at matchups each week. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Hello Hugh, I need to start 2 of the 3. 6 points fot td and for every 100 yds recieving or rushing.

Portis at Eagles

Whitten at Ravens

Jimmy Smith vs Lions

I am actually thinking about benching Portis since he has not produced under our scoring system and likely the Skins will fall behind early and then try to throw the ball. Thanks for the help.

561621[/snapback]

I wouldn't bench Portis. Not for a TE against a very good defense. Nope. Portis will get the touches, just hope he breaks one.

Jimmy Smith is the no-brainer here.

Big Hugh,

Do I bench Deuce for Pittman?

Pitt has an intriguing matchup with a horrible San Fran defense and I expect good things from him.....

Deuce vs a stout Denver Def

and is ankle, knee are hurting......I think that's BS and he is fine, but ?

Good luck to you and your sqaud

561682[/snapback]

Yes.

Hello again Hugh.

Fri the 19th is my trade deadline.  I have a trade pending through today.  I'm quite sure it will go through.  SMorris/WGreen for A Lelie.  I get Lelie.  I am thinking of proposing to trade one of my WR for McGahee. 

I already have DD/OSmith/Brown/SJackson.

(WR)RMoss/Walker/Horn/Burleson/Lelie/Lloyd/Colbert    6-4

He has:

Priest/Blaylock/McGahee/Cahtman/ATrain/Zereoue.        5-5

(WR)Ward/Clayton/Driver/Keyshawn/Graham.

He could use another WR and I could use a solid RB with Brown up and down and OSmith splitting time.  I was thinking about offering maybe Horn(sprained knee) since Moss is due to return after this week.  Is that giving too much and am I making too much out of McGahee?

561717[/snapback]

If I could get McGahee for Horn I would do it, especially with the depth you have at WR. Not to mention, Buffalo has a favorable rushing schedule, while New Orleans has an un-favorable passing schedule.

I agree 100% with all of your decisions and would make exactly the same moves if it was my team.

I think Shockey will be pinned to the line trying to save little Eli from getting murdered.

Griese is the safe play against a weak pass defense, while Rattay is a risk because of his arm and Hasselbeck has sucked.

Just keep an eye on LT's health. The bye week should have helped, but if you hear anything negative from practice this week, you may want to consider Westbrook, but ONLY if it looks like LT will lose carries.

Good luck.

561925[/snapback]

Thanks, and Congrats on the coming bundle of Joy :D

Seeing Levens come in didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Westbrook, but he still did well.

I have Owens going (along with Walker :D ) so I'm also hesitant about putting all my eggs in 1 basket.....but I will watch the RB situation and Westbrook is a better option than Faulk this week.

Thanks again!

Hugh standard scoring.

Do I start Rattay or Harrington?

Williams, Moulds or McCardell,

Like you said in a previous post if williams is healthy he will have a good day, but those days have been limited to the first couple of weeks of the year.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Owens is my other WR

My starting rb is McCallister, Martin

561719[/snapback]

You do know that Rattay is banged up and that Harrington is playing the Vikings, right? Harrington is the better, and safer option.

McCardell is a very good option, but if Williams is healthy, start him against the Vikes as well.

hey hugh,

thanks for the advice on my qb's. i am going to start garrard over harrington this week. now i need help on my WRs.

i have ward, clayton, wayne, and stokley. which three would you start? i am leaning towards the first three.

tinys_hawks

561736[/snapback]

As would I. Stokely will and can post some nice numbers, but as the 3rd WR, he'll be inconsistent.

'Sup dog?

In your opinion, is Julius Jones gonna be worth anything late season?

561750[/snapback]

Well, that's pretty tough to say. It certainly looks like he'll be given a chance, especially since Dallas is all but out of it. What he does with the opportunity remains to be determined. If the Boys go with Henson, defenses will probably really be able to key on the rush, so that has to be considered. Obviously his health and durability is a major concern as well.

He'll get his shot, which is a good thing, and if a few things go his way, he may put up some decent numbers, but I wouldn't count on it.