[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too Many Friggin RBs

Balzac

I can only start 2 of the following:

Droughns @ SD

DDavis @ NYJ

JJones @ SEA

I fear starting Droughns against that SD run D. JJ has a pretty nice matchup and Dom is always good for adequate combo yards, if not a TD or 2.

Wildcards are:

Davenport @ PHI (if Green sits)

SJackson v. SF (if Martz gets his head out his a$$ and sees that Faulk has been ineffective and that Jackson should be the primary ball carrier)

Not a headache that I enjoy having. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Forget your wild cards, keep it between Jones, Davis and Droughns.

Rush defenses as follows:

SD: 79 YPG, but 12 TD's allowed.

NYJ: 101 YPG, only 5 TD's allowed.

SEA: 108 YPG, 11 TD's allowed.

Doesn't really help make the decision easier, but certainly should make you consider Droughns. In this case, I think I would start the better, more proven RB's. I like Julius Jones, and I know Parcells will hand him the rock often, but I just think that Droughns and Davis are better plays this week.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

true on the Jets run D but here's the other wildcard - I live in NY and wouldn't have to go to a bar to watch one of my boys play. Stupid reason, but I like watching games in my own recliner, drinking my own beers.

I think I agree on Droughns, but I had a gut feeling that Jones would blow up last week and I didn't go with it. I think he's capable of doing it again this week - do I go with my gut or with the guy who is more established but is playing the tougher D? This will go down to the wire for me.

Thanks for the advice.

true on the Jets run D but here's the other wildcard - I live in NY and wouldn't have to go to a bar to watch one of my boys play.  Stupid reason, but I like watching games in my own recliner, drinking my own beers. 

I think I agree on Droughns, but I had a gut feeling that Jones would blow up last week and I didn't go with it.  I think he's capable of doing it again this week - do I go with my gut or with the guy who is more established but is playing the tougher D?  This will go down to the wire for me. 

Thanks for the advice.

584159[/snapback]

Where in New York? I live in Rockland County. And don't let convenience affect a roster decision. :D

I think DOM and JONES are your best bet.  If you are concerned about the match-up, Put RUBEN in for J.JONES

584161[/snapback]

how'd you get that team in an 18 team league? and you're only in 2nd? WRs could use some help but - yoinks.

Where in New York? I live in Rockland County. And don't let convenience affect a roster decision. :D

584168[/snapback]

I'm just over the bridge in White Plains. We've got some pretty good sports bars over here to blow a Sunday in.

I'm just over the bridge in White Plains.  We've got some pretty good sports bars over here to blow a Sunday in.

584176[/snapback]

They let you Patriot fans into sports bars over in Westchester? I'm gonna have to make a few phone calls. :D:D

They let you Patriot fans into sports bars over in Westchester? I'm gonna have to make a few phone calls. :D:D

584178[/snapback]

Shocking that I'm still in one piece, right? I get crap every week, as I go in full Pats garb - Jersey, hat and all, even if the Pats aren't playing.

Hopefully they'll appreciate the nice, new Andre Tippett jersey that I just ordered. It won't compare to the abuse I get when I wear my Jim Rice jersey to Yankees games, but it'll be fun - I hate me them Yankees.

how'd you get that team in an 18 team league?  and you're only in 2nd?  WRs could use some help but - yoinks.

584171[/snapback]

This is my 8th year playing FF. I actually was in 1st place for 10 of 13 weeks. I had the 1st round pick. As for the RB's, I'm a RB hound. I'm a firm believer that RB's are the key to FF depending on your league scoring. I suffered in the WR column when I went HEAVY on RB's. Priest and D.DAVIS were the only ones I drafted..the other ones were picked up off the WW or FA. So far my strategy has worked. I've place top 3 every year and TOOK #1 twice in at least a 12 team league. This has been the most competitve league of them all(18 tms). I fully expect to take it all this year.