[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we now say that 5-8

Grits and Shins

... is not good enough for the NFC wildcard?

Three weeks left in the season and 6 teams are at 5-8.

Obviously Philly and Atlanta are obviously in as division winners.

It looks like Green Bay will win their division despite a poor showing today.

Seattle's win was big today and I believe it probably gives them the division title as both Seattle and St. Louis look to have a tough finish with 1 winnable game each in the next 3 weeks.

Minnesota is trying to give their wild card spot away and has a touch schedule left ... one more win and they probably lock up the last spot.

Carolina is playing good ball right now and I'd bet they will get one of the wildcards.

So with Philly, Atlanta, Green Bay, Seattle and Carolina looking like they are in ... who gets the last spot?

Could we have a team with a losing record take the last wildcard? :eek:

The loss by Tampa Bay today really hurt them ... but if Minnesota can't find another win I'm betting that Tampa Bay gets the last spot with 2 more wins over New Orleans and Arizona.

Division Winners

Philly

Atlanta

Seattle @ 8-8

Minny @ 10-6 by winning out and beating GB by more than 3 when they play again

Wild Cards

Breen Bay @ 10-6

Carolina @ 8-8

The 5-8 Teams are not technically eliminated but I don't see any of them getting into the playoffs.

Yesterday there were 7 games that impacted the Panthers probability of making the Playoffs and all 7 games went in favor of the Panthers.

The ability of that team to get to 6-7 yesterday along with the improbability of every other 5-7 team in the NFC losing was truly an amazing turn of events for the Panthers in what has been an amazing turn-around for the Panthers this year.

And it put the Panthers in the driver seat for the 2nd Wild Card spot.

And John Fox has to be the Coach of the Year this season.

Edited by Jrick35