[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Non-Huddler Users of League Forums

skylive5

I know you are busy, so you do not need to answer this right away, but I noticed that in Fusion we are now using the MB member numbers and post counts and eliminating the League Forum member numbers and post counts.

My long time local league uses the Huddle League Forums. I forced them into it a couple years ago and it resulted in some joining the Huddle. What happens to those that are not members of the Huddle since they have no MB member numbers or post counts.

Also, our Forum is PW protected. Will that remain the case?

As I stated in the Fusion forum, league member accounts were added to the MB accounts and added to the end. So those accounts will still be there, but with a different number. If you used the same name for both accounts, you will still have the same name in 2 different accounts.

Edit: Some of them were transferred to new numbers, such as mine, and some were transferred to the huddle account number (such as AtomicCEO) but the number of posts did not combine (just have the MB number of posts)

Big John:

As I stated in the Fusion forum, league member accounts were added to the MB accounts and added to the end.  So those accounts will still be there, but with a different number.  

I understand that Big John.

However, do you not have to be a member of the Huddle to access the MB and the rest of the Forums attached to it?

If you don't then what will non-members see when the come here to their League Forum... just those Forums? Or do they see all but can only post in the League Forums?

I am just trying to ensure that some of my non-member leaguemates can get to their forum without having problems other than having to change their favorites link.

skylive5:

However, do you not have to be a member of the Huddle to access the MB and the rest of the Forums attached to it?

If you don't then what will non-members see when the come here to their League Forum... just those Forums? Or do they see all but can only post in the League Forums?

I am just trying to ensure that some of my non-member leaguemates can get to their forum without having problems other than having to change their favorites link.

I believe WW stated that non-members will have access to the league forums only, while members will have access to all areas.

Sky -- The way this is supposed to work is that all the users from the league boards will be added to these boards with all dups being kicked out. I've seen a few examples of this not happening, but the bottom line is -- if you are registered at the league forums you will now be registered over here after the migration.

As far as access, the league forums will remain open to the public and any password protected league forum will remain that way over here.

WW:

Sky -- The way this is supposed to work is that all the users from the league boards will be added to these boards with all dups being kicked out.  I've seen a few examples of this not happening, but the bottom line is -- if you are registered at the league forums you will now be registered over here after the migration.

As far as access, the league forums will remain open to the public and any password protected league forum will remain that way over here.

Super... thanks WW.

(and thanks, too, Big John.)

WW:

Sky -- The way this is supposed to work is that all the users from the league boards will be added to these boards with all dups being kicked out.  I've seen a few examples of this not happening, but the bottom line is -- if you are registered at the league forums you will now be registered over here after the migration.

What I noticed is if you had a different registration name in the league forums than the MB, you got an additional account number on the MB. (As I had, as the MB registration did not like the "Big John" name, so I used a different name, but used the "Big John" registration name in the league forums.)

If the registration names were the same, there was no duplication and the info was for the MB number on all "old" posts in the league forum, if the display names were also the same. If the display names were different, but the registration names were the same, the name on the "old" league forums posts come out as "Unregistered".