[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Year of the parity hitting fantasy?

xMRogers

Talking with a couple owners in my big league, and we all seem to have the same issue - at RB, WR or both, have 4 or 5 "good" players to choose from, but no real studs that you automatically start. It's not everyone obviously (the guy with Moss and Owens has no issues), but seems like at the WR spot mostly, it used to be you hoped for one good player, than get a bunch of others and one would break through.

THis year - it's like they all halfway broke through, so you have 5 guys that go from 8 to 15 every week, but picking the right one is tricky.

Among the four playoff teams, so 16 spots at RB and WR, I'd say maybe 4 of them are "set" and the other 12 are fluid - seems really high compared to previous years.

Any thoughts?

It's been a very interesting year in that respect - in both of my leagues, there were several teams that were either .500 or 1 game over that made the playoffs. Take a look at my team below - best record and most total points in the league - not a bona fide "stud" on the team (maybe Holt coming in, but he's had a crap year).