[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

11-3, Mr Vick

WaterMan

Vick had a pretty good game. He doesn't have much to work with; I think Brian Finneran is a better WR than Price. Not having TJ Duckett also hurts because Dunn cannot run against a defense when they're keyed on him.

But even more than all that, Atlanta needs to get some offensive lineman that can pass block. Vick has no time in the pocket............

Not having TJ Duckett also hurts because Dunn cannot run against a defense when they're keyed on him.

620768[/snapback]

Ummm...are you aware that Dunn ran for 134 yards and a TD with Carolina's D keying on him?

You might want to rethink that observation. :D

Ummm...are you aware that Dunn ran for 134 yards and a TD with Carolina's D keying on him?

You might want to rethink that observation.  :D

621165[/snapback]

No my thinking is similar to how Edge with the Colts can run so well but when the D isn't spread out he gets shut down when the defense knows the Colts are going to try and run.

If you gave the ball to Dunn and asked him to run the ball to run out the clock or give the defense a rest he cannot do it.

The reason why Dunn has the lanes to run in is because Carolina is so obsessed with going after Vick the defense over pursues as the ESPN crew showed last night.............

No my thinking is similar to how Edge with the Colts can run so well but when the D isn't spread out he gets shut down when the defense knows the Colts are going to try and run. 

If you gave the ball to Dunn and asked him to run the ball to run out the clock or give the defense a rest he cannot do it. 

The reason why Dunn has the lanes to run in is because Carolina is so obsessed with going after Vick the defense over pursues as the ESPN crew showed last night.............

621184[/snapback]

Yeah that makes complete sense. Having Duckett available to get those grind 'em out clock killing yards, indeed makes the Falcons better. i think you're probably 100% right in that Dunn couldn't do that.

I do think Dunn's open field running ability, with or with out Vick, is pretty darn good. Now don't get me wrong, having Vick around certainly doesn't hurt Dunn as far as more lanes being open, but he didn't get all those rushing yards in Tampa with Vick at QB.

Going over the play by play Dunn had 15 rushing attempts with 3 yards or less.

3 of his other carries were direct snaps to him from the shotgun formation where the defense definitely weren't keying on him.

Dunn can be effective but the Falcons are a better team when they can put Duckett back there to pound away against the defense...........

Going over the play by play Dunn had 15 rushing attempts with 3 yards or less. 

3 of his other carries were direct snaps to him from the shotgun formation where the defense definitely weren't keying on him.

Dunn can be effective but the Falcons are a better team when they can put Duckett back there to pound away against the defense...........

621194[/snapback]

Play by play gives you the dry stats.

After watching the game itself last night, I can tell you that you would've seen some very nice open field moves by Dunn, direct snaps or no direct snaps.

Moves Duckett could only dream about.

They're both effective runners, but each in their own way.

Play by play gives you the dry stats.

After watching the game itself last night, I can tell you that you would've seen some very nice open field moves by Dunn, direct snaps or no direct snaps.

Moves Duckett could only dream about.

They're both effective runners, but each in their own way.

621201[/snapback]

I agree with that. Atlanta is only going to be competitive by going with their ground game and Vicks impovisation..........