[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buf D td taken away in yahoo stattracker?

dante

Someone in my league had 26 points from Buf D, with 17 pts allowed, 3 sacks, 2 int, 2 fum rec, 2 td, 1 block kick etc. Said he woke up this morning and it was still 26, but when he loads up statracker now it has Buf D with 1 td.

Anyone else get this? just a stattracker error? Or was there a correction?

thanks

I believe Buffalo had a defensive TD on an INT return by Takeo Spikes, and a blocked punt returned for a TD.  The blocked punt TD would be a special teams TD, not a Defensive TD.

623117[/snapback]

Technically, as the kick attempt never crossed the line of scrimmage, it is not a special teams play and would indeed be considered a defensive play. Of course, in all my leagues we score all blocked kicks and any resulting TD from them as defensive scores anyway, but the definition of a special teams play is fairly clear that it requires a kick to be attempted and to have said kick cross the line of scrimmage.