[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone have any stats?

Ramhock

I edited out my lineup. I mean, who gives a $hit, anyway? :D

But I'm bumping this because I don't ever remember seeing any #s or discussion on the topic and found it more curious than most topics. I'm feeling good about it, but is there anything to back it up?

Edited by Ramhock

Good question. I've never seen fantasy stats broken down into home and away performance, but shouldn't be that hard to do. I've got spare time today, maybe I'll work something up and add it to this thread later.

FWIW, if I'm absolutely stuck on who to start between 2 players (and I mean having exhausted every possible comparison I can think of and still can't decide), if one is home and the other on the road, I always go with the guy playing at home.

I have seen something on this somewhere before. I want so say I saw it on this site last year. I dont remember what it said though. I dont want to speculate on what it said because I dont remember and I dont want to give out false info but if someone held a gun to my head I would say QBs were better at home, RBs no difference and WRs are better on the road but the differences were so slight it didnt really matter. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Not sure if anyone really cares, but this was kinda fun to do, and will add another element to my roster decisions.

I ran the numbers this afternoon for the top 30 scorers each at QB, RB, and WR from one of my 2 local leagues. I'd post the tables if it was easy to do, but since it's not, here are the basic results and conclusions:

QB - of the top 30 QBs, twenty had a higher ppg average at home compared to away. Thirteen of those 20 were at least 3 ppg higher at home than on the road, which I think is pretty significant considering the overall average ppg for a QB in this league is 13.6. QBs with the highest deltas between home and away (better at home) were Collins, Pennington, Plummer, and Hasselbeck (all were at least 7 ppg better at home than on the road). Manning, Bulger, and Brady each averaged about the same for home and away games (less than 1 ppg difference). The biggest surprise was that Culpepper averages 7.4 ppg more on the road than he does at home. (Griese was next at 5.0 ppg better on the road, and Delhomme third at 3.4 ppg better away).

RB - (top 30) 18 RBs had higher averages for home games, 5 were essentially the same home or away, and 7 had higher road averages. Ten RBs are averaging at least 4 ppg more at home, with CMart having the greatest delta (averaging 9.3 ppg more at home than away), with Portis (6.3 ppg higher at home) next followed by Westbrook (5.9 ppg better at home). Dillon and McAllister have the 2 highest deltas at the other end, each with their road averages nearly 5 ppg more than their home averages.

WR - (top 30) easily the most balanced relative to QBs and RBs. 11 score better at home, 11 are better on the road, and 8 are in the noise with little difference between home and away. And the biggest deltas at each end are not nearly as high as QBs and RBs. At the extremes are: Bennett, Rod Smith, and Holt (all about 5 ppg better at home), and Muhammad, Burleson, and Harrison (each about 5 ppg better on the road).

I'd be happy to provide the Excel files or answer any questions. Just shoot me a PM with your email if you want a copy.

And if you've made it this far, here is the scoring system used for the league I've analyzed above (I'm assuming the basic results would be the same regardless of scoring system, though negative points for QBs like we use may make QBs more volatile):

All TDs = 6 pts

Any TD of 50 yds or more = 2 pt bonus

All INTs thrown = -3 pts

All lost fumbles = -1 pt

QBs: 1 pt for every 40 pass yds, 1 pt for every 20 rush yds

RBs and WRs: 1 pt for every 20 combined rush/rec yds, 1 pt per reception

Not sure if anyone really cares, but this was kinda fun to do, and will add another element to my roster decisions.

I ran the numbers this afternoon for the top 30 scorers each at QB, RB, and WR from one of my 2 local leagues.  I'd post the tables if it was easy to do, but since it's not, here are the basic results and conclusions:

QB - of the top 30 QBs, twenty had a higher ppg average at home compared to away.  Thirteen of those 20 were at least 3 ppg higher at home than on the road, which I think is pretty significant considering the overall average ppg for a QB in this league is 13.6.  QBs with the highest deltas between home and away (better at home) were Collins, Pennington, Plummer, and Hasselbeck (all were at least 7 ppg better at home than on the road).  Manning, Bulger, and Brady each averaged about the same for home and away games (less than 1 ppg difference).  The biggest surprise was that Culpepper averages 7.4 ppg more on the road than he does at home.  (Griese was next at 5.0 ppg better on the road, and Delhomme third at 3.4 ppg better away).

RB - (top 30)  18 RBs had higher averages for home games, 5 were essentially the same home or away, and 7 had higher road averages.  Ten RBs are averaging at least 4 ppg more at home, with CMart having the greatest delta (averaging 9.3 ppg more at home than away), with Portis (6.3 ppg higher at home) next followed by Westbrook (5.9 ppg better at home).  Dillon and McAllister have the 2 highest deltas at the other end, each with their road averages nearly 5 ppg more than their home averages.

WR - (top 30)  easily the most balanced relative to QBs and RBs.  11 score better at home, 11 are better on the road, and 8 are in the noise with little difference between home and away.  And the biggest deltas at each end are not nearly as high as QBs and RBs.  At the extremes are:  Bennett, Rod Smith, and Holt (all about 5 ppg better at home), and Muhammad, Burleson, and Harrison (each about 5 ppg better on the road).

I'd be happy to provide the Excel files or answer any questions.  Just shoot me a PM with your email if you want a copy.

And if you've made it this far, here is the scoring system used for the league I've analyzed above (I'm assuming the basic results would be the same regardless of scoring system, though negative points for QBs like we use may make QBs more volatile):

All TDs = 6 pts

Any TD of 50 yds or more = 2 pt bonus

All INTs thrown = -3 pts

All lost fumbles = -1 pt

QBs:  1 pt for every 40 pass yds, 1 pt for every 20 rush yds

RBs and WRs:  1 pt for every 20 combined rush/rec yds, 1 pt per reception

626987[/snapback]

Very well done, good job.