[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weekend Reflections

Hugh 0ne

What do you think the spread would be if this game were played the week after Pittsburgh, using backups, beat Buffalo at Buffalo in a must-win game for the Bills, while NE, playing at home and using its starters for 3 quarters, beat the 49ers, the league's worst team, 21-7?

The point spread is simply the line maker's perception of how the public, which looks only at a team's most recent game, will view the game. The only reason NE is favored by the public is because Roethlisberger looked like a rookie against the Jets.

What was remarkable to me about the Colts-Pats game was that NE could manage only 6 points in 30 minutes against that defense! If the Steelers don't hand the Pats 14 points like they did in 2001, their fans will be waving their "Terrible Towels" as the game ends.

What do you think the spread would be if this game were played the week after Pittsburgh, using backups, beat Buffalo at Buffalo in a must-win game for the Bills, while NE, playing at home and using its starters for 3 quarters, beat the 49ers, the league's worst team, 21-7?

The point spread is simply the line maker's perception of how the public, which looks only at a team's most recent game, will view the game.  The only reason NE is favored by the public is because Roethlisberger looked like a rookie against the Jets.

What was remarkable to me about the Colts-Pats game was that NE could manage only 6 points in 30 minutes against that defense!  If the Steelers don't hand the Pats 14 points like they did in 2001, their fans will be waving their "Terrible Towels" as the game ends.

659923[/snapback]

As I have said before, the Steelers should be heavy favorites in the game.

I can't quite figure out The Patriots either- it amazes me how they can just plug players in and keep winning- they have no real "superstars"....I don't get it.

657759[/snapback]

B)

They are DEEP, no doubt. Top two corners go down and they plug in two more who would be starters on most teams. One of the best defensive linemen in the league goes down and they plug up the hole and lose very little.

You want real 'superstars'? :D

I'll name seven of them: :D

Brady

Dillon

Brown

Harrison

Bruschi

Seymour

Vinatieri