[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weekend Reflections

Hugh 0ne

Some thoughts on this weeks games:

Well, the 4 best teams have made it to the conference finals, and I think both games should be very entertaining.

The Steelers look very beatable. They got lucky and slid by a mediocre and poorly coached Jets team. They better play a much better game next week to have any shot at beating the Pats.

The Eagles looked sharp, especially on defense. Jeremiah Trotter had a stellar day. The offense was adequate, and I don't think resting their players was a bad move.

You CAN NOT game plan for Michael Vick. The Falcons have 3 guys, all of which could rush for 100 yards in the same game. The Falcons defense is VERY good.

The Patriots bore me. They just win, and I'm still trying to figure out how they win by not doing anything. Romeo Crennell is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.

Before this week I didn't feel this way, but after last weeks games I think the NFC Champion will have a great chance at winning the Super Bowl.

Just some thoughts I figured I'd share morning. Congrats to the Steelers, Pats, Eagles and Falcons.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The Steelers showed character in never giving up and overcoming 2 turnover (before the first missed FG), a defensive TD and special teams TD to stay in the game and have the score tied at 17 which forced Brien to make those kicks. They played what was probably their 2nd worst game (first Balt game) of the season and still won.

The Pats are an awesome team and deserve to be favored in the AFC championship game.

Philly and Atlanta look 100 times better than they actually are because they got to beat up on inferior teams. Come on... Two 8-8 teams in the "elite eight"?!? The NFC is a joke and either Pittsburgh or NE will dominate in the Super Bowl.

Some thoughts on this weeks games:

Well, the 4 best teams have made it to the conference finals, and I think both games should be very entertaining.

The Steelers look very beatable. They got lucky and slid by a mediocre and poorly coached Jets team. They better play a much better game next week to have any shot at beating the Pats.

The Eagles looked sharp, especially on defense. Jeremiah Trotter had a stellar day. The offense was adequate, and I don't think resting their players was a bad move.

You CAN NOT game plan for Michael Vick. The Falcons have 3 guys, all of which could rush for 100 yards in the same game. The Falcons defense is VERY good.

The Patriots bore me. They just win, and I'm still trying to figure out how they win by not doing anything. Romeo Crennell is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.

Before this week I didn't feel this way, but after last weeks games I think the NFC Champion will have a great chance at winning the Super Bowl.

Just some thoughts I figured I'd share morning. Congrats to the Steelers, Pats, Eagles and Falcons.

657754[/snapback]

Post Thief !!!! :D

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=84660

:D

Some different reflections:

The Vikes got told 'NO!' by the Football Gods. I didn't think the Iggles played that well, and if a Vikings player recovers that endzone fumble and the ridiculous overturn on the fumble recover does not happen I think it is a very different game and perhaps a different outcome. Lady Luck smiled on the Iggles that day!

The Falcons looked...well...unbeatable on Saturday. They played Martz' Rams.

The Steelers should not have won. The Jets Choked. The Steelers find ways to win games that they should otherwise not, even if it includes spiking the opposing team's gatorade tub with choke juice. We fear the ketchup dungeon. Steeler Fans should fear Ben and what is wrong with his hand. He has Warner Hand all of a sudden.

The Pats spanked the Colts like...well...newborn Colts. They should not have. The Colts threw up a stinker like nobody's business. The Pats dominated with 2 9 minute-ish drives keeping Peyton 'Cut That Meat' Manning on the sidelines, and beat the Colts receivers into submission. NOTE: The team around Peyton choked in the face of an amazing effort by the Pats entire team. Peyton is the undisputed team leader, adn because of this will have the chain firmly and perhaps more than a little unfairly draped around his neck.

Your just mad because no one responded to yours. :D

657776[/snapback]

No one had to, I delivered my words so eloquently and since they were correct, everyone agreed. At least, that is what I like to think ? :D

It's a slow day, so I guess I'll throw in my thoughts...

Colts/Pats - Uggh. The team with the running game and great defense clearly won, as is usually the case in the playoffs in a quasi-snowstorm. Agreed with Nick that Manning will unfairly be blamed for losing this game, as his receivers could not hold onto the ball and his line couldn't open holes for Edge. As for the Pats, what's left to say? Teams with stellar defenses, stellar coaching, and good offenses win.

Steelers/Jets - Big Ben lucked out after his abysmal performance. Pittsburgh's special teams also played poorly. But the Steelers pulled it out because their defense didn't allow a single offensive TD. Despite this shaky performance, I became convinced on Saturday that this is THEIR year. All of the breaks (Ty Law) and bounces (Doug Brien) have gone their way this season and I like their power running game and #1-ranked defense at home against NE next week. The Jets, on the other hand, play well on both sides of the ball. Just not consistently enough to win.

Falcons/Rams - The Falcons looked great beating up on a porous St. Louis defense that couldn't stop a charging two-year-old. Perhaps lost in all the Vick/Dunn hoopla was the stellar play of Atlanta's special teams. They have their work cut out for them next week, though, against a MUCH better Eagles defense. As for the Rams, I'm shocked that they even made the playoffs in the first place. Just goes to show you how incredibly crappy the NFC is this year.

Eagles/Vikes - I saw this coming a mile away. The Eagles' defense is just a wee bit better than the crappy NFC North defenses that Culpepper & Co. are used to facing. It may have been closer of Moss were healthy or had his head in the game but, even without TO, the Eagles are still the class of the NFC. I like them at home against the good-but-not-great (14th-ranked) Falcons defense next week. Like the Colts, the Vikes will not get to the SB until they assemble a capable defensive cast.

The Vikings and Rams got what they had coming.

The football gods just refuse to let the Steelers lose. No matter how hard the Steelers try. And now they are a 3 point underdog at home, and though logic and history tells me the Steelers will choke against the Pats I still feel compelled to take the Steelers and 3. What I saw this weekend was divine intervention with the Steelers. Call it luck, or whatever.

The best teams made it and you like to see that. Steelers 9 Patriots 6. Somebody please stop me from betting on this game.

The Vikings and Rams got what they had coming.

The football gods just refuse to let the Steelers lose.  No matter how hard the Steelers try.  And now they are a 3 point underdog at home, and though logic and history tells me the Steelers will choke against the Pats I still feel compelled to take the Steelers and 3.  What I saw this weekend was divine intervention with the Steelers.  Call it luck, or whatever.

The best teams made it and you like to see that.  Steelers 9 Patriots 6.  Somebody please stop me from betting on this game.

657835[/snapback]

It is absolutely foolish to make the Steelers a dog at home. I'm surprised they aren't favored by 6+ after the week 8 spanking. The Steelers haven't looked back and have shown they can get it done.

The oddsmakers are baiting the public. That's all it is.

It is absolutely foolish to make the Steelers a dog at home.  I'm surprised they aren't favored by 6+ after the week 8 spanking.  The Steelers haven't looked back and have shown they can get it done.

The oddsmakers are baiting the public.  That's all it is.

657862[/snapback]

Are you trying to use some sort of jedi mind trick with these posts ? I think the Pats deserve to be the favorites after this weekend's game. The Steelers should be thankful that they even get to step on the field with this team.... :D

Are you trying to use some sort of jedi mind trick with these posts ?  I think the Pats deserve to be the favorites after this weekend's game.  The Steelers should be thankful that they even get to step on the field with this team....  :D

657894[/snapback]

Steelers == 9-0 at home, 11-1 in the AFC, on a 15 game winning streak, the QB has never lost a start, and Cowher (even as much as I don't like his sideline antics) is one of the most successful coaches in the league 10 years running. And they beat the team coming to town this season. They should be favored at home.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Steelers == 9-0 at home, 11-1 in the AFC, on a 15 game winning streak, the QB has never lost a start, and Cowher (even as much as I don't like his sideline antics) is one of the most successful coaches in the league 10 years running. And they beat the team coming to town this season. They should be favored at home.

657895[/snapback]

I like the line the way that it is thank you. :D The Steelers might shock the world !!!! :D

I can't quite figure out The Patriots either- it amazes me how they can just plug players in and keep winning- they have no real "superstars"....I don't get it.

657759[/snapback]

Read Patriot Reign and you will get it.

disclaimer: I am not a NE fan, but I highly recommend this book for any true pro football fan who wants some insight into how an NFL franchise is run.

It is absolutely foolish to make the Steelers a dog at home.  I'm surprised they aren't favored by 6+ after the week 8 spanking.  The Steelers haven't looked back and have shown they can get it done.

657862[/snapback]

Exactly my thinking.

657862[/snapback]

ssssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!