[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inter-Board Baseball Challenge

BeachBum

looks like we still need one more huddler before tonight's draft..

752242[/snapback]

I can be a last minute fill-in if no one takes the spot. I am already in two leagues and definitely don't need a third, but if no one takes the spot, I am already well prepared and can shoot from the hip at the draft.

Lemme know.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks, I forgot to report here!

We have a team! Driveby from last year took the final spot.

BeachBum

Azazello

Broncosn05

TimmyPg

Skrappy

Marauders

Men in Tights

Driveby

Thanks to all, and good luck to us!

BB :D

there are still only 15 teams on the yahoo site, and 8 of them have fsw in the name...

edit: make that 7 fsw's...it's hard to tell who's who though...hope we end up with a 16th, because a h2h league with an odd number don't work real well.

:D

Edited by Azazello1313

Does anyone familiar with Yahoo live drafts know if it sets the draft order immediately prior to the draft, or is it already set, and if so how do I check it?  Thanks.

752366[/snapback]

i think it's randomly selected once their java server starts the engine on our draft. should make things interesting, huh?

i think it's randomly selected once their java server starts the engine on our draft.  should make things interesting, huh?

752368[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess it shouldn't matter all that much, I'm just curious. You are right about the categories being kind of redundant, you would think we would just use OPS and eliminate the OBP and SLG. I initially didn't notice the lack of the HR category either...that changes things around a bit too I think. Should be an interesting draft.

Hey Skrappy you all set?/

752375[/snapback]

Yeah, I usually don't make a set in stone ranking list, just a list of guys I like and some deep options. I generally know what I'm looking to do and shoot from the hip. It occasionally results in a bad pick or two along the way, but usually I find it works pretty well for me.

Yeah, I usually don't make a set in stone ranking list, just a list of guys I like and some deep options.  I generally know what I'm looking to do and shoot from the hip.  It occasionally results in a bad pick or two along the way, but usually I find it works pretty well for me.

752384[/snapback]

Same here. I will definetly will be the sleeper team. :D

I've been lobbying duk to change the Cats (add HR, drop Slug at least) and the roster size (drop some of the Utils, fewer SPs and Rps) and total roster size down to 21 or 22. He's indicated he agrees but nothing has been changed on the League site. BTW, if you haven't yet checked, these things are on the site under "League Settings".

I still see HR guys as the most important, and SPs next. Holds are a weak Cat - but MJO did put up a list on the 10th Inn message board of some of the setup men he likes.

Good luck tonight guys. Last year we got off to a bad start and never caught up. Mostly cause we didn't pay attention to the Stats we were using. Looks like we should be a little ahead of that this time. I'll be at the draft for a short while to get my squad off to a good start, but then have o go out to dinner and leave it up to Yahoo. I did sort about 275 names that I like!!!!

I still see HR guys as the most important

752516[/snapback]

For the most part just because high HRs = high SLG, and of course usually high Runs and RBIs as well. But a system like this also drastically increases the value of a few guys who maybe don't hit a ton of HRs, yet do get a lot of 2Bs.

Edited by Skrappy1

By the way, I just noticed that the scoring categories were changed, so any of you guys in the league probably want to check that out. HRs were added and several other changes were made as well.

Edited by Skrappy1

By the way, I just noticed that the scoring categories were changed, so any of you guys in the league probably want to check that out.  HRs were added and several other changes were made as well.

752556[/snapback]

Good, it was unweildly before. Here they are:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, GIDP, HLD, ERA, WHIP

So only 21 rounds of draft. Now it's HR, RBI, TB, and OPS for the big bats. Notice he also left out Losses (SP) - wonder if that was a mistake? There are now 8 Batting, only 7 pitching. I'll check.

Good, it was unweildly before. Here they are:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL 

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, GIDP, HLD, ERA, WHIP 

So only 21 rounds of draft. Now it's HR, RBI, TB, and OPS for the big bats. Notice he also left out Losses (SP) - wonder if that was a mistake? There are now 8 Batting, only 7 pitching. I'll check.

752569[/snapback]

Maybe less DLs and more benchers would be more effective.

Notice he also left out Losses (SP) - wonder if that was a mistake?

752569[/snapback]

I think it was likely intentional as he deleted all of the negative categories (K's and GIDP for hitters and Losses for pitchers).

Edit: I think the categories are better now, I just have to get my head back into a more normal draft thinking. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Maybe less DLs and more benchers would be more effective.

752576[/snapback]

I think I'll quit bugging him while I'm ahead! With the way things are going so far this year, we may need those DL spots!