[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inter-Board Baseball Challenge

BeachBum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. have at it

752833[/snapback]

Don't really have anyone I want to drop, but it's good to know. I was just checking out available guys, and man, the SPs available are extremely slim pickens...weak as can be.

Edit: I wish the White Sox would go ahead and DL Frank Thomas already...they said he's going to miss a month, what are they waiting for?

Edited by Skrappy1

Fellas, hold up!

I just saw that he expanded the roster size by 2 players. He asked to try to hold off to grab those extra 2 players, but no big deal if you grab them now. Well, people are already grabbing guys, so I'm going ahead and doing the same and would reccomend you get guys while there are guys to be got.

Edited by Skrappy1

In myusual dukdown helter-skelter way LOL, but it's got to be right as we are dialing it in for a major league release next year with 4 boards competing. But 23 roster spots is the final size, with the 3 DL spots, and here's why -

I have elected to adjust the pitching sizes and add 2 more bench spots to accomodate that adjustment.

After analyzing the situation, I saw that there was no room for set-up men and middle relievers unless you were in there almost everyday setting them in the lineup and juggling your staff constantly and that's exactly what I don't want for everyone for this league. So, feel free as soon as you need to, to add 2 more players to your roster through FA.

I am personally going to wait until Monday am to do it, to make sure that we have gotten the message out clearly as much as possible. But if time is an issue for you, feel free to add your 2 players as soon as you need to. Thanks everyone - duk

IBL Baseball League Forums

http://sportsforum.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=263

Also, am looking for a 1-2 paragraph your team's draft analysis, for a feature article about the league, just basically to talk about what a great job you did, how you got every sleeper you targeted and who they were, how maybe one or two players got nipped up right in front of you but of course you deftly manuevered on your feet, and then a final end of draft analysis with maybe a prologue of any moves you made right away on the waiver wire. Just post it in the IBL forum at FSW in the thread identified for it, or you can e-mail it to me at duk@efsw.com if you are the shy type.

Also, am looking for a 1-2 paragraph your team's draft analysis, for a feature article about the league, just basically to talk about what a great job you did, how you got every sleeper you targeted and who they were, how maybe one or two players got nipped up right in front of you but of course you deftly manuevered on your feet, and then a final end of draft analysis with maybe a prologue of any moves you made right away on the waiver wire. Just post it in the IBL forum at FSW in the thread identified for it, or you can e-mail it to me at duk@efsw.com if you are the shy type.

752881[/snapback]

Hey Duk, can you post or PM me the URL for FSW? Thanks.

it's right at the bottom of the post there. The home site is http://fantasysportswire.com the forums are at http://sportsforum.ws the IBL forum is http://sportsforum.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=263

Make sure if you get a chance to go into our NFL Draft forum and check out our 7-round mock we have going. There is a link at the top of each selection thread that links to our NFL Mock Draft software that we're pretty proud of. Would really like to get anyone's feedback on it. Thanks

Skrappy do we get a forum??

752898[/snapback]

I was wondering about that. I'm not certain how it works, but I think if we request one from DMD, he would set one up for us. I'll PM him and ask.

Edit: I went ahead and PM'd DMD Broncos...I'll keep you posted on his reply.

Edited by Skrappy1

it's right at the bottom of the post there. The home site is http://fantasysportswire.com  the forums are at http://sportsforum.ws  the IBL forum is http://sportsforum.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=263

Make sure if you get a chance to go into our NFL Draft forum and check out our 7-round mock we have going. There is a link at the top of each selection thread that links to our NFL Mock Draft software that we're pretty proud of. Would really like to get anyone's feedback on it. Thanks

752901[/snapback]

Excellent, thanks. I've never been to FSW, but I'll check it out now. :D

Hey guys, it isn't life and death this year, next year when we have 4 boards doing this, ya, it's On, but just get a feel for the league and check out the format, we'll have a seperate site for it for the schedule each week and standings. Remember the schedule and standings on the Yahoo site are not relevant for this league. I'll make sure everyone gets the link to the IBL Baseball site. Main thing is to enjoy the league, meet some new people, give some feedback on ideas for expanding and improving and then you know, it's Samarai Time.

Hey guys, it isn't life and death this year, next year when we have 4 boards doing this, ya, it's On, but just get a feel for the league and check out the format, we'll have a seperate site for it for the schedule each week and standings. Remember the schedule and standings on the Yahoo site are not relevant for this league.  I'll make sure everyone gets the link to the IBL Baseball site. Main thing is to enjoy the league, meet some new people, give some feedback on ideas for expanding and improving and then you know, it's Samarai Time.

752910[/snapback]

Sounds good, but be prepared, I play to win baby. :D

Also to let you know the format, it's basically a team competition as each members score is added together each week to composite a Board Total, and then the top 8 individual finishers at the end of regulation, which is the end of the board competition, then battle it out for the Individual title.