[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun or other Saints homers

Clubfoothead

Local radio is speculating that the Cowboys might trade the #11 and a pick next year for Howard and the #16.  Why would the Saints do that?

786937[/snapback]

To get DJ I hope, but who knows with the Saints. In the Haslett years they've picked some real head-scratchers in the 1st. Some have panned out & some haven't (so far), I'd prefer to see the Saints add the later 1st if Dallas is asking for too high a pick next year.

To get DJ I hope, but who knows with the Saints. In the Haslett years they've picked some real head-scratchers in the 1st. Some have panned out & some haven't (so far), I'd prefer to see the Saints add the later 1st if Dallas is asking for too high a pick next year.

787158[/snapback]

Am I reading this wrong? I thought Dallas would be giving us a pick next year, not asking for a pick from us next year.

I guess something is better then nothing for Howard at this point and I'd really like to see them get DJ if they do indeed move up (Please don't pull another sullivan move...if only we had taken Trufant). That #16 pick seems to be in no man's land for what they need in my opinion. If they don't trade up I'd almost rather them trade down then reach at #16 for a guy like Thomas Davis.

Also, I"ve heard rumors that the Saints aren't interested in DJ because Haslett thinks he's "soft". Whatever that means. I've learned to take what I hear coming out of that organization with a grain of salt as far as the draft goes because they've gone the opposite way lately most of the time. Alsp hearing they are saying "CB is not a priority".

Edited by myhousekey

To get DJ I hope, but who knows with the Saints.

787158[/snapback]

I guess something is better then nothing for Howard at this point and I'd really like to see them get DJ if they do indeed move up (Please don't pull another sullivan move...if only we had taken Trufant). 

787490[/snapback]

I've got him going at #13 to Houston, so he'd be there if they wanted to move up. The radio station was guessing that the Saints and Cowboys would swap 1st round picks this year and the Cowboys would throw in a pick next year for Howard. I guess, like you guys said something is better than nothing for Howard and the guy you both want would be there. So it'd work out for you guys.

If that happened, that would certainly change what I want from this draft. Maybe a Mark Clayton and Khalif Barnes or Jammal Brown for my guys, along with Howard. That would be pretty sweet from my end.

As someone stated above, it's better to get something for Howard rather than nothing. If the Saints could get DJ at #11 I say go for it. Sounds strange though since the Cowboys had a problem with giving a second rounder for Howard. I know that was when the saints wanted Dat thrown in. I would love the move if it got us Dj but I have a feeling it would be something like moving up to get a DE or something we could have had at 16. :D

Saw this today...

Matt (Mississauga): Any truth to the rumour of Simeon Rice to the

chargers for a 1st round pick?

Steve Muench: (4:50 PM ET ) Matt right posiition but wrong player.

it's far more likely they make a move to acquire New Orleans' DE Darren

Howard.