[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons and Pacers

Puddy

I can only hope you are referring to Stern and not me :D

806320[/snapback]

Of course Puddy, I was referring to Stern. :D

Seriously, I hold him in very low regard. The way he went after Van Gundy clearly shows he is hiding something about the officiating in the NBA. To describe it (NBA officiating) as horrible would be a slap in the face to horrible.

Why did Ron Artest leave that game early????

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?'

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

He wanted to beat the crowd

:D

Why did Ron Artest leave that game early????

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?'

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

He wanted to beat the crowd

:D

806431[/snapback]

:D NICE!!! :D

Going to be a better series than most "experts" predicted. This Pacer team is incredible. I've never seen a team show more than this team has this year. Everytime people are ready to count them out they come up big. It's amazing they even made the playoffs & now they're going to give the Champs one heck of a battle.

Should be a great series.

From the onset of the playoffs, this was the matchup many of us Pistons fans feared. I have a ton of respect for Carlisle as a coach. Given the adversity that team overcame this year, he should have been coach of the year IMO. I still think the Pistons will win the series, but if they are to lose in the playoffs, I'd like to see them lose to the Pacers regardless of the hated rivalry that exists.

Random thoughts from Indy's game 3 win:

It's hilarious that Larry Brown is crying about Miller's last shot in Game 3. Lindsay Hunter CLEARLY flopped like a scared little girl. If he gets knocked over by that elbow from REGGIE MILLER, Hunter better get some heavier shoes. I'm surprised the ref didn't give him a technical for horrible acting.

It is equally hilarious that he was complaing about the foul that fouled out Hamilton. As Reggie starts to come through a screen, Hamilton reaches out and grabs a handful of Reggie's jersey. His whole jesey stretches out right in front of the official. No matter where you play basketball, that's a foul. Yeah, it gave the Pacers free throws to take the lead. Here's a thought: Don't grab a handful of a 90% free throw shooter's jersey right in front of an official, dumbass.

Jermaine O'neal is horrible inside of 5 minutes of the fourth quarter. I was glad he fouled out in Game 3. He is the very opposite of Reggie Miller. He is "un-clutch".

The Pistons WILL win game 4. Book it.

Edited by CaptainHook

From the onset of the playoffs, this was the matchup many of us Pistons fans feared.  I have a ton of respect for Carlisle as a coach.  Given the adversity that team overcame this year, he should have been coach of the year IMO.  I still think the Pistons will win the series, but if they are to lose in the playoffs, I'd like to see them lose to the Pacers regardless of the hated rivalry that exists.

811124[/snapback]

Being a Piston fan Puddy, you know what Carlisle did to turn your club around. I couldn't believe they let him go. But, boy was I glad they did....Isiah Thomas is alot of things, but, an NBA coach isn't one of them. I was so glad to see Carlisle come back, Indiana basketball came back with him & Larry Legend. They are playing the right way again. I agree with you, coach of the year shouldn't have even been close this year.

I sure appreciate your kind words regarding the Pacers. I really admired your team & Ben Wallace in particular before the 19th. I gotta admit I still have hard feelings towards some Piston fans, Wallace & the commissioner's office. Hated to see the way the Pacers were gutted in Reggie's final year. However, the way the year has played out, maybe it was meant to be. Doesn't matter if they lose 3 straight to Detroit this team has made Indiana proud.

Edited by Turf Boy

Looking for the Pistons to put an end to the series tonight. I don't want it to come down to one game where anything can happen.

How you see it Captain Hook/Turf Boy? Does Indiana have any fight left?

Prophetic, I was.

818051[/snapback]

True dat. How do you like the Pistons chances agains Miami?

Edit: I forgot, you don't really follow the NBA, right?

Edited by Puddy

True dat.  How do you like the Pistons chances agains Miami?

Edit:  I forgot, you don't really follow the NBA, right?

818052[/snapback]

Not really enough to have a well thought out opinion. I thought the Pacers would get swept by the Pistons or lose in 5.

A lot depends on how much, and effectively, Shaq plays.

How do you like the Pistons against Miami?

818052[/snapback]

Now THIS should be a GREAT series!!!! :D

Edited by Chargerz

Looking for the Pistons to put an end to the series tonight.  I don't want it to come down to one game where anything can happen. 

How you see it Captain Hook/Turf Boy?  Does Indiana have any fight left?

817460[/snapback]

Puddy,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I can sure live with how things ended. Assuming Detroit was going to win the series, I can't think of a much better way for things to have ended. Reggie went out with a Reggie like game infront of the home crowd. Also great to see the game ending with alot of class shown on the Detroit side. Hardly a dry eye in the house when Larry Brown & his team went over to salute Reggie. I've always thought these teams respected each other & it sure showed at the end.....a whole lotta love for Reggie.

Should be a great series with Miami. If I had to pick a team, I'd go with the champs. They are truly a great team.