[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball

godtomsatan

OK, AL only, head to head league. Yahoo, 12 teams, every position on offense + Utility, MI, and CI.

So, I got the #1 waiver priority. Placido Polanco gets traded over from the Phillies to presumably play 2B everyday for the Tigers.

Currently, I'm in 9th place, fairly close standings right now. I got decent to good pitching with a somewhat anemic offense. I have a 2B/SS/MI combo of Cantu, Castro, and (whoever); currently Brent Abernathy of the Twins.

Questions:

Is anyone else "better" than Polanco potentially coming over from the NL?

Is he (an everyday MI, albeit somewhat mediocre) worth the #1 waiver at this point?

Ick.

OK, AL only, head to head league. Yahoo, 12 teams, every position on offense + Utility, MI, and CI.

So, I got the #1 waiver priority. Placido Polanco gets traded over from the Phillies to presumably play 2B everyday for the Tigers.

Currently, I'm in 9th place, fairly close standings right now. I got decent to good pitching with a somewhat anemic offense. I have a 2B/SS/MI combo of Cantu, Castro, and (whoever); currently Brent Abernathy of the Twins.

Questions:

Is he (an everyday MI, albeit somewhat mediocre) worth the #1 waiver at this point?

Ick.

836435[/snapback]

1. Doubtful.

2. I'd do it. Depending on the overall "experience" in your league, do you expect anyone to make a REAL bad drop? If not, then this is an even better pick up. Your 2B/SS/MI combo is nothing to be very afraid of, unfortunately. Polanco has skills. Heck, in deeper mixed leagues, he was a very viable bench/spot-starter/starter if you had an MI slot to fill. The Detroit offense has been decent. He'll most likely start "every day" at 2nd, and probably hit 2nd. He could certainly hit .290+ and score a ton of runs for the Le Tigres. If that helps your team, I'd certainly do it.

Questions:

Ick.

836435[/snapback]

That's a very tough call. My take:

Impossible to tell if anyone "better" is on their way - anybody could be traded (including Polanco - who knows if he won't end up back in the NL before all is said and done). That said, I've never been one to sit on my waiver priority for too long - the last thing you want to do is hold off for a big score that never comes. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you - this seems like a pretty nice pickup for a 12 team, AL-only league.