[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zen Master back with the Lakers

darin3

LOL... yes, but Chili's burgers blow Islands out of the water... actually, I really don't care all that greatly for the food at Islands.

I'm just :D at the thought of Kobe eating at an Islands... kind of like when I was walking down the aisle of a Ralph's (grocery store) in Costa Mesa and low and behold there was Dennis Rodman shopping with some blonde hottie and what appeared to be his spawn.... then I see him at an apartment complex just down the road unloading the food.

842823[/snapback]

Yeah isn't that a hoot? I was literally mid-sentence in that post and the chick comes up to me to tell me she waited on him last night.

I've had plenty of Rodman encounters. Apparently my sister nearly ran his ass over one day as he was crossing 17th Street in Costa Mesa on his way over to the Little Knight. I've seen him at Yard House. And most recently, my girlfriend was at 24-Hour Fitness on 19th Street and was waiting for an ellipitical machine, standing next to this weird machine that's essentially a stationary bike, but the pedals are high, so you can warm up your arms and upper body. In walks Rodman and asks her if she's using that machine. She says, stunned, "Oh, no, go ahead", and proceeds to stare... he notices, and asks her to sit down and try the machine. So she finishes a few sets with him, he says "Later!" and heads upstairs to lift. Freak!

Edit: From time to time, Rodman dresses up as a :D

Edited by darin3

Yeah isn't that a hoot?  I was literally mid-sentence in that post and the chick comes up to me to tell me she waited on him last night. 

I've had plenty of Rodman encounters.  Apparently my sister nearly ran his ass over one day as he was crossing 17th Street in Costa Mesa on his way over to the Little Knight.  I've seen him at Yard House.  And most recently, my girlfriend was at 24-Hour Fitness on 19th Street and was waiting for an ellipitical machine, standing next to this weird machine that's essentially a stationary bike, but the pedals are high, so you can warm up your arms and upper body.  In walks Rodman and asks her if she's using that machine.  She says, stunned, "Oh, no, go ahead", and proceeds to stare... he notices, and asks her to sit down and try the machine.  So she finishes a few sets with him, he says "Later!" and heads upstairs to lift.  Freak!

Edit:  From time to time, Rodman dresses up as a :D

842834[/snapback]

My father in law had a near interesting encounter with Rodman.

He is out to dinner with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and his parents. Somehow they get to talking about celebrities and running into them locally, etc. Father-in-law ends up saying something to the effect of "And of couse you see that fruit loop Dennis Rodman around" Well, Rodman just happened to be standing right behind my father in law... the classic everyone else he was talking too jaws drop and he turns around and there he is... apparently Rodman didn't hear him (probably distracted by the 3 extremely hot blondes he was with) Anyway, he gets into his flame painted limo and then invites everyone that is within earshotto his house for a party. Needless to say my father-in-law and the others did not attend.

My father in law had a near interesting encounter with Rodman.

He is out to dinner with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and his parents. Somehow they get to talking about celebrities and running into them locally, etc. Father-in-law ends up saying something to the effect of "And of couse you see that fruit loop Dennis Rodman around"  Well, Rodman just happened to be standing right behind my father in law... the classic everyone else he was talking too jaws drop and he turns around and there he is... apparently Rodman didn't hear him (probably distracted by the 3 extremely hot blondes he was with) Anyway, he gets into his flame painted limo and then invites everyone that is within earshotto his house for a party.  Needless to say my father-in-law and the others did not attend.

842841[/snapback]

LOL... nice

Yeah, Rodman always threw parties at his pad. That is, of course, until the stuffy Newport Beach socialites paid off the cops to put them to an end.

I've been wanting to see how he does when he doesn't have the most dominant player in the league playing for him.  I don't think he will be getting his 10th ring any time soon.

841419[/snapback]

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Jackson can do with the lot of misfits currently in LA.

News this morning says reports are the Lakers already have a deal in place that would send Devean George and at least one other undisclosed player to the Pacers for Jonathan Bender and the #17 pick in the upcoming draft. Unconfirmed of course, but the report said it was from a fairly reliable source.

News this morning says reports are the Lakers already have a deal in place that would send Devean George and at least one other undisclosed player to the Pacers for Jonathan Bender and the #17 pick in the upcoming draft.  Unconfirmed of course, but the report said it was from a fairly reliable source.

845045[/snapback]

That'd be a decent swap. George has been decent in his Laker stint, but nothing spectacular. I'd rather get a younger potential stud.

Speaking of younger potential studs, Kwame Brown's name keeps surfacing as a guy they could get for the $5.5M "exception". The guy's a head case, but is a ridiculously pure athlete. Could be a worthwhile investment to get Brown and Bender and see if one or both develop into studs.

That'd be a decent swap.  George has been decent in his Laker stint, but nothing spectacular.  I'd rather get a younger potential stud.

Speaking of younger potential studs, Kwame Brown's name keeps surfacing as a guy they could get for the $5.5M "exception".  The guy's a head case, but is a ridiculously pure athlete.  Could be a worthwhile investment to get Brown and Bender and see if one or both develop into studs.

845087[/snapback]

Interesting.. hadn't heard a lot of talk about Brown... will have to look into that.... he certainly is a head case, but Phil doesn't mind those (Rodman), and Brown could complement Kobe as a legitimate scoring threat from within 8 feet.

I think Phil has the brains to run a new offense and probably would welcome the challenge. He will probably design an O that fits his personnel, hatever that is this year. Could be interesting to watch.