[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just don't get this T. Henry stuff

giantsfan

I know Taylor is injury prone and might not be ready for game 1. I know Brown is injury prone as well. But why are 2 teams with good RB's the teams most likely to land Henry? The Tenn talk makes no sense because Brown is healthy now and young. At least with Jax Taylor is old in terms of all the injuries he's had, and he may be out some this year, but he is still there, so I don't get it in the big picture. Unless you can tell me in Jax's case they are just done with Taylor or he's done for the year I just don't get either case.

Pretty simple.. they both have two incredibly injury prone backs, and the asking price for Henry isn't exhorbinant - a 3rd rounder. If you can completely solidify your RB corps (and with Brown or Taylor AND Henry, that's one of the best in the league), why wouldn't you do it?

As the team dealing for him I would, but what I don't get is why is Henry okay with this. Playing behind McGahee is worse then maybe behind Taylor or Brown, but still these two teams have proven or semi-proven guys already. You would think a team with no real RB's would be where Henry would like to go, or would be interested in Henry.

Pretty simple.. they both have two incredibly injury prone backs, and the asking price for Henry isn't exhorbinant - a 3rd rounder. If you can completely solidify your RB corps (and with Brown or Taylor AND Henry, that's one of the best in the league), why wouldn't you do it?

880377[/snapback]

Because you're telling your current guy that you don't have faith that he'll get the job done. Now, if you're sure he'll go down soon or won't be ready at all then screw how he feels about trusting you and cover your ass.

As the team dealing for him I would, but what I don't get is why is Henry okay with this. Playing behind McGahee is worse then maybe behind Taylor or Brown, but still these two teams have proven or semi-proven guys already. You would think a team with no real RB's would be where Henry would like to go, or would be interested in Henry.

880389[/snapback]

In the case of Freddie, there is so much uncertainty as to whether or not he'll be around to start the season... and Chris Brown gets dinged up a ridiculous amount of time. In both cases Henry is probably hoping to get a shot at starting for whatever reason, and holding onto the job once he gets in there. Much like what willis did to him in buffalo. The only problem is Willis was better than Travis, so it was just a matter of time before he snatched that job. Freddie is definitely better than Henry when healthy...unfortunately for us, that could turn into a nightmare of a RBBC when Freddy comes back. If I were him I would go for Tennessee. He would definitely get playing time, and maybe the titans scale back on Brown's carries when he is healthy, so that they can keep him that way.... :D

In the case of Freddie, there is so much uncertainty as to whether or not he'll be around to start the season... and Chris Brown gets dinged up a ridiculous amount of time.  In both cases Henry is probably hoping to get a shot at starting for whatever reason, and holding onto the job once he gets in there.  Much like what willis did to him in buffalo.  The only problem is Willis was better than Travis, so it was just a matter of time before he snatched that job. Freddie is definitely better than Henry when healthy...unfortunately for us, that could turn into a nightmare of a RBBC when Freddy comes back.  If I were him I would go for Tennessee.  He would definitely get playing time, and maybe the titans scale back on Brown's carries when he is healthy, so that they can keep him that way....  :D

880402[/snapback]

I agree with a lot of this. Jax is the better team so from a pure better chance to suceed stand point Jax would be the better fit I think. But Taylor is better than Henry so if he's healthy how much will Henry play. In Tenn the team isn't great, but Brown is unproven over the long haul, and hasn't earned the he plays no matter what tag yet. Plus he is always hurt. At least Taylor put together 2 or 3 straight healthy years before last year. Can Brown ever do even that?