[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick's Value

gijunky

Hey guys.

Newbie here. I have Vick and C. Palmer in a keeper league, with one player from each position retained each year. Performance scoring, pretty standard stuff. Vick was a BIG letdown for me last year. Any advice on whether to retain him or Palmer to act as my #1 QB this year? :D

Wow,

tough one - Palmer looked incredible at the end of the season and Vick is Vick. Palmer is more consistent and Vick could win certain weeks almost single handedly while tanking in other weeks. Both are upside young keepers. If your looking for consistency pick Palmer who has good receiving corps, if you can handle the ups and downs pick Vick (if he starts learning to throw he would be an absolute terror). Sorry I couldn't be more straight up but its tough call.

i would go with palmer. i look for consistency with my fantasy team. although vick does amazing things sometimes, he's not a good fantasy starters unless the up and downs don't bother you. i think vick is still being drafted too high and i would take palmer over him if i drafted today.

I'd rather have Palmer ... too many "no shows" by Vick...I threw out week 17, since Palmer was hurt & Vick only played part of the game:

Passing:

Palmer - 5 games under 200 yards passing, 3 with 0 TD (pass or rush)

Vick - 9 games under 200 yards passing, 6 with 0 TD (pass or rush)

Rushing:

Palmer - 0 games 50 or more yards rushing

Vick - 9 games 50 or more yards rushing

For Vick, 6 of those 9 "50>" rushing games came in his 9 "<200" passing games, so I guess the case could be made that he gets the FF yards somehow.

I might have missed a stat, but in a quick review of last year's numbers, it looks like the only QB in the NFL that had as much PT as Vick that managed zero TDs (pass or rush) in as many or more games was...Kyle Boller...and Vick had more games than Boller in which he managed not to be involved in a touchdown.

Think about that one.

Edited by ts

I'd rather have Palmer ... too many "no shows" by Vick...I threw out week 17, since Palmer was hurt & Vick only played part of the game:

Passing:

Palmer - 5 games under 200 yards passing, 3 with 0 TD (pass or rush)

Vick - 9 games under 200 yards passing, 6 with 0 TD (pass or rush)

Rushing:

Palmer - 0 games 50 or more yards rushing

Vick - 9 games 50 or more yards rushing

For Vick, 6 of those 9 "50>" rushing games came in his 9 "<200" passing games, so I guess the case could be made that he gets the FF yards somehow.

I might have missed a stat, but in a quick review of last year's numbers, it looks like the only QB in the NFL that had as much PT as Vick that managed zero TDs (pass or rush) in as many or more games was...Kyle Boller...and Vick had more games than Boller in which he managed not to be involved in a touchdown.

Think about that one.

893065[/snapback]

Those stats ofcourse include Palmer's growin-in phase, when he was turnover/mistake prone. It was Palmer's marked improvement over the second half that makes him a more enticing prospect. To use a hackneyed phrase, it was as if a light went on. I believe big things can be expected out of Palmer this season.