[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Food for thought about SA.

PantherDave

I've been slammed this week trying to get the brick pockets on a hugh house were building right now, so this went right by me when the SA ala Carolina talk sprang/sprung up. The Panther coaching staff did get to coach the NFC squad for the PB week, so SA was exposed a little to the Carolina flavor, and some of it's players about how playing for the Panthers and Mr. Richardson is like. Mike Whale choose the Panthers due to the atmosphere here in Carolina and the fact that they are contenders, as well as Lucas. The local sports radio here in WIlmington brought up a interesting scenario.....a 7 year deal spread out with a decent signing bonus, plus the fact that 07 may be uncapped, could land him in Carolina. Still way to early to tell as we can speculate all we want, and 07 may be uncapped, meaning a player could settle for less in 06 and get rewarded later in 07. It's going to be very interesting March 3 to July 22-very intersting indeed.

I've been slammed this week trying to get the brick pockets on a hugh house were building right now, so this went right by me when the SA ala Carolina talk sprang/sprung up. The Panther coaching staff did get to coach the NFC squad for the PB week, so SA was exposed a little to the Carolina flavor, and some of it's players about how playing for the Panthers and Mr. Richardson is like. Mike Whale choose the Panthers due to the atmosphere here in Carolina and the fact that they are contenders, as well as Lucas. The local sports radio here in WIlmington brought up a interesting scenario.....a 7 year deal spread out with a decent signing bonus, plus the fact that 07 may be uncapped, could land him in Carolina. Still way to early to tell as we can speculate all we want, and 07 may be uncapped, meaning a player could settle for less in 06 and get rewarded later in 07. It's going to be very interesting March 3 to July 22-very intersting indeed.

1328210[/snapback]

I'm rooting for you man!! Get him the heck out of our division!!

he isnt going anywhere. IF we dont resign him I will shoot Tim Ruskell and Paul Allen that would be thedumbest thing they would ever do in their lives.

I am pretty sure he'll be a seahawk for the rest of his career.

he isnt going anywhere. IF we dont resign him I will shoot Tim Ruskell and Paul Allen that would be thedumbest thing they would ever do in their lives.

:D  Man stuff like that can get you into trouble.

1328519[/snapback]

Based on what facts other than you want him as a Seahawk the rest of his career?

1328519[/snapback]

and the email and link to seahawks headquarters is off in 3 - 2 - 1 ...

1328519[/snapback]

I think this is the first time that S37 and I agree on anything!!! :D:D

I just don't see Alexander in Carolina due the cap impact he would cause down the road. He is going to ask for big bucks and the Panthers are being smart about managing their cap to stay a long-term playoff team.

At this point I really don't care either way if Shaun stays or goes, just figure it out already.  The one thing I do know is that he isn't going to Carolina.  They have one of the worst cap situations in the NFL.

1328575[/snapback]

Our cap is not one of the best, but it certainly is not one of the worst either. Several players will be released or not resigned so the Panthers will be able to make a few Minor FA signings or one big one like Edge (my hope to improve our running game). I do agree with your assessment that SA is not likely going to Carolina as he is the most expensive FA on the market (assuming that the Seahawks take care of him before he hits the market).