[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans to try to move off #1

theeohiostate

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if HOU needs D'Brick so badly, if they can't move down do they take him at #1 or do they have to take Bush there?

1345088[/snapback]

I think they have to move down to take D'brick. He's a top notch player, but he isnt a #1 overall pick, IMHO. The real beauty of moving down from the #1 overall pick is the extra draft picks anyway, which the Texans could really use.

I think they have to move down to take D'brick. He's a top notch player, but he isnt a #1 overall pick, IMHO. The real beauty of moving down from the #1 overall pick is the extra draft picks anyway, which the Texans could really use.

1345096[/snapback]

But what I'm saying is that if no one offers them anything that they like, do they take Bush even though he's not what they need?

But what I'm saying is that if no one offers them anything that they like, do they take Bush even though he's not what they need?

1345133[/snapback]

I cant see them taking D'brick with the #1 pick. Can you imagine the outcry if they DIDNT take Bush and he became a superstar?

The Texans need a lot more than ONE O-lineman. Trading down would provide additional picks, which would allow them to further address their many needs. Again, just my .02

if they are smart, they trade down...

Bush just gives them more talent....he doesn't make them better...

they need a better OL and DL before they start adding anymore talent anywhere else on the field...

once the DL starts posing a threat to RB's and QB's...the rest of the defense can start playing their game...

and when the OL gets better, Carr can actually have time to put some touch on the ball....along with DD moving better....but he'll still get hurt...

I said this in an earlier post:

The Texans have money under the cap to play with, and I believe they can get better in a big hurry.

Sign Edgerrin James-you saw him twice a year, and he will be motivated

Sign LaCharles Bentley-versatile lineman who can play Center or Guard if Saints makes him available

Trade Dom Davis for Nate Burleson/cash or picks --- Get a WR2

Trade the Jets the #1 overall pick for John Abraham/picks/and the #4 slot and take D'Brickshaw.

Anything could happen, I just don't believe in giving an unproven RB that much guaranteed money with the #1 overall pick.

They need O-line and D-line help. They play in a division that arguably has the 3 best d-lines in Indy, Jax, and Tennessee. They also play in a division with 2 of the 3 best O-lines in football. they need help upfront.

The Texans have money under the cap to play with, and I believe they can get better in a big hurry.

Sign LaCharles Bentley-versatile lineman who can play Center or Guard if Saints makes him available

Trade the Jets the #1 overall pick for John Abraham/picks/and the #4 slot and take D'Brickshaw.

Anything could happen, I just don't believe in giving an unproven RB that much guaranteed money with the #1 overall pick.

They need O-line and D-line help.  They play in a division that arguably has the 3 best d-lines in Indy, Jax, and Tennessee.  They also play in a division with 2 of the 3 best O-lines in football.  they need help upfront.

1345165[/snapback]

I hate Burleson...they could try and get somebody a little better...like Northcutt or somebody....considering the Vikes likely don't need another RB....

They need O-line and D-line help.  They play in a division that arguably has the 3 best d-lines in Indy, Jax, and Tennessee.  They also play in a division with 2 of the 3 best O-lines in football.  they need help upfront.

1345165[/snapback]

John Clayton was on Mike and Mike this morning and they talked about the Texans and their pick. Greeny brought up the scenario with the Jets trading for the No. 1 pick. Clayton said there is no way the Jets would make that move and the Texans want more picks than that.

I also agree with the fact the Texans have the chance to get better quickly. That said though, I don't think they are gonna be able to get what they want for the No. 1 pick and will be forced to draft Bush, just as the 49ers drafted Smith last year after attempting to trade their pick. There is no way they would draft Ferguson at the one spot. I agree that I think the Texans would benefit greatly from drafting him but they can't because of the value of the pick. One linemen is not going to make a difference also; they need to trade down and get more picks. It's not gonna happen.

Edited by Goopster24

John Clayton was on Mike and Mike this morning and they talked about the Texans and their pick.  Greeny brought up the scenario with the Jets trading for the No. 1 pick. Clayton said there is no way the Jets would make that move and the Texans want more picks than that.

I also agree with the fact the Texans have the chance to get better quickly. That said though, I don't think they are gonna be able to get what they want for the No. 1 pick and will be forced to draft Bush, just as the 49ers drafted Smith last year after attempting to trade their pick. There is no way they would draft Ferguson at the one spot. I agree that I think the Texans would benefit greatly from drafting him but they can't because of the value of the pick. One linemen is not going to make a difference also; they need to trade down and get more picks. It's not gonna happen.

1345196[/snapback]

only difference between this years draft and last year's is the fact that the market for reggie Bush is much greater than the market for alex Smiff....

nobody is going to throw a crazy deal like the Saints did for Ricky Williams...and I don't even recall who they traded with to get him lol.....but somebody will put together a very lucrative offer IMO to get them to think about it....

one thing is for sure, they will use up all of their draft time to make this pick or trade out....

only difference between this years draft and last year's is the fact that the market for reggie Bush is much greater than the market for alex Smiff....

nobody is going to throw a crazy deal like the Saints did for Ricky Williams...and I don't even recall who they traded with to get him lol.....but somebody will put together a very lucrative offer IMO to get them to think about it....

one thing is for sure, they will use up all of their draft time to make this pick or trade out....

1345217[/snapback]

The Saints traded their picks to the Redskins that year.

You're right about the demand for Reggie Bush is far greater than Alex Smith. No doubt about that. The Texans will use all of their time and listen to ever offer, but in the end, they will draft Reggie Bush. They are looking for too much and I don't see any team offering that lucrative deal you see. Just my opinion.

The Saints traded their picks to the Redskins that year.

You're right about the demand for Reggie Bush is far greater than Alex Smith. No doubt about that. The Texans will use all of their time and listen to ever offer, but in the end, they will draft Reggie Bush. They are looking for too much and I don't see any team offering that lucrative deal you see. Just my opinion.

1345238[/snapback]

exactly...I'd just like to see them make a smart decision and realize that no matter how great reggie Bush is...

he doesn't have magical powers and cannot manipulate such a bad OL into making them block better.....

and even if they get a couple FA linemen...there aren't supposed to be that many great linemen available and will take at least 1-2 years to build chemistry, let alone be good as a complete unit...

but all signs point to them taking Bush....I mean, when you see clips of him running enough, his value goes up in your mind every second you watch....

The Texans are in a great spot. they have money to sign Free Agents and have the #1 overall pick. There are 4-5 guys who could be picked there depending on the team.

Per Kubiak, the Broncos never drafted a RB in the 1st round during his stay in Denver. I don't see the Texans taking Bush.

There is no denying his talent, Bush is the best player in the draft. He could bring in quite a haul. Also, some teams are in love with Leinart and would be willing to trade up to get him.

The Texans might tip their hand in Free Agency if they begin signing players.

I'd trade down and take Ferguson. there are plenty of solid RB's on the market, and recent history has shown...if one become available even a great one. they are only worth a 2nd rounder in most cases, and that price is high.

Go get a FA RB...

The Texans are in a great spot.  they have money to sign Free Agents and have the #1 overall pick.  There are 4-5 guys who could be picked there depending on the team.

Per Kubiak, the Broncos never drafted a RB in the 1st round during his stay in Denver.  I don't see the Texans taking Bush. 

There is no denying his talent, Bush is the best player in the draft.  He could bring in quite a haul.  Also, some teams are in love with Leinart and would be willing to trade up to get him. 

I'd trade down and take Ferguson.  there are plenty of solid RB's on the market, and recent history has shown...if one become available even a great one.  they are only worth a 2nd rounder in most cases, and that price is high.

Go get a FA RB...

1345303[/snapback]

+1

The Texans are in a great spot.  they have money to sign Free Agents and have the #1 overall pick.  There are 4-5 guys who could be picked there depending on the team.

Per Kubiak, the Broncos never drafted a RB in the 1st round during his stay in Denver.  I don't see the Texans taking Bush. 

There is no denying his talent, Bush is the best player in the draft.  He could bring in quite a haul.  Also, some teams are in love with Leinart and would be willing to trade up to get him. 

I'd trade down and take Ferguson.  there are plenty of solid RB's on the market, and recent history has shown...if one become available even a great one.  they are only worth a 2nd rounder in most cases, and that price is high.

Go get a FA RB...

1345303[/snapback]

Yeah right. The Broncos never drafted a RB in the 1st round because they never needed to. They had a system in place that made even Ron Dayne look decent. The Texans are not at the level of the Denver Broncos. Kubiak is starting over, sorry.

I don't agree with it, but it doesn't matter; the Texans will draft Bush.

Yeah right. The Broncos never drafted a RB in the 1st round because they never needed to. They had a system in place that made even Ron Dayne look decent. The Texans are not at the level of the Denver Broncos. Kubiak is starting over, sorry.

I don't agree with it, but it doesn't matter; the Texans will draft Bush.

1345376[/snapback]

Texans don't need too either...they have a back. They have all the resources and picks to improve their offensive line, and possibly their defensive line.

If they upgrade their O-line, they can have their 4th rounder(Dom Davis) running behind that line. If he isn't the answer, got get a guy who you KNOW/Proven can play. For craps sake, Dom Davis was the 2003 NFL Rookie of the year.

The Texans skipped a fan favorite last year in the first round. they passed on Derrick Johnson and took Travis Johnson. Why not do it again...these are the same fans wanting their team to lose games down the stretch to get this pick. They don't know any better, and the same fans who want Vince Young.

I'm looking forward to the next few months

Edited by mggoilers

Texans don't need too either...they have a back.  They have all the resources and picks to improve their offensive line, and possibly their defensive line.

If they upgrade their O-line, they can have their 4th rounder(Dom Davis) running behind that line.  If he isn't the answer, got get a guy who you KNOW/Proven can play. For craps sake, Dom Davis was the 2003 NFL Rookie of the year.

The Texans skipped a fan favorite last year in the first round. they passed on Derrick Johnson and took Travis Johnson.

I'm looking forward to the next few months

1345452[/snapback]

I totally agree. I think it's just plain stupid to draft Bush. Simple as that.

1345376[/snapback]

Yeah ,and to get to where the Broncos are you have to have a excellent offensive line. If they don't end up with Brick they have not done what is best for their team.

I believe 1 way or another they end up with Brick.

Yeah ,and to get to where the Broncos are you have to have a excellent offensive line. If they don't end up with Brick they have not done what is best for their team.

I believe 1 way or another they end up with Brick.

1345464[/snapback]

Even if they don't trade the pick? You think they will draft Ferguson with the No. 1 pick? Bold prediction man.

I totally agree. I think it's just plain stupid to draft Bush. Simple as that.

1345457[/snapback]

Agreed.

The Texans need to do quite a few things:

Slow down the Colts D-Line...DWIGHT FREENEY on the edge.

Slow down the Jaguars D-Line...STROUD and HENDERSON.

Slow down the Titans D-Line...Van Den Bosch.

Disrupt Peyton Manning...Pass Rusher needed

Disrupt Leftwich...Pass Rusher needed

Disrupt Mcnair...Pass Rusher needed

Cover Reggie Wayne/Marvin Harrison ... you have one guy, but he can't cover both of them.

Stop the Run Game

PROTECT DAVID CARR

Get the ball upfield, and control the clock.

Lots of work to do.

Agreed.

Cover Reggie Wayne/Marvin Harrison ... you have one guy, but he can't cover both of them.

Stop the Run Game

PROTECT DAVID CARR

Lots of work to do.

1345467[/snapback]

Yep, a lot to do...and in no way does drafting Bush help the Texans achieve these goals.

Edited by Gdawg

Agreed.

Stop the Run Game

PROTECT DAVID CARR

Lots of work to do.

1345467[/snapback]

Well said.