[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I getting this right...

Duchess Jack

If my kid was working on that ship, and saw that, yeah, I'd be pissed.  Why should the employees of the cruise be subjected to watching that?

If he wants a lap dance, there are plenty of places he can go.

1382791[/snapback]

The report I saw said they were propositioning crew members to join in too. Perhaps that is all they were charged with but not all they did. Crew members said they could have gone in closed rooms to do their things but didn't.

They also brought out of state hookers in which is a federal crime, but the hookers kept their mouths shut.

Edited by Randall

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ship had employees on it that were unaware of what was going to be going on.  Some were bringing cameras and pictures for autographs.  The ship is usually rented out to groups.  If they were informed that there would be strippers, sex toys, and lap dances, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  It would have been their choice to work.  But it wasn't like that.  They are stranded on a ship with a bunch of drunk horny football players.  Don't be naive.

1382835[/snapback]

That's the real stupid part on the players part, who the hell organized this party and didn't make sure no one would have a problem with any of the planned activities? :D It's rumored it was Smoot, which explains a lot.

The report I saw said they were propositioning crew members to join in too. Perhaps that is all they were charged with but not all they did. Crew members said they could have gone in closed rooms to do their things but didn't.

1382851[/snapback]

:D

They also brought out of state hookers in which is a federal crime, but the hookers kept their mouths shut.

1382851[/snapback]

the crew did join in... at least one of the captians and a deck hand

Updated: March 22, 2006, 1:42 PM ET

Culpepper, Williams trying to get charges droppedAssociated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper testified Wednesday that he spent his entire time shooting dice during a boat party last fall and rejected offers from lingerie-clad dancers.

Williams

Culpepper

Culpepper, one of four players charged with misdemeanor lewd conduct, said he and friends gathered in a circle, betting $20 a throw playing craps.

"Nobody who was shooting dice wanted to get a dance," Culpepper said. He said he was a designated driver for the evening.

Culpepper, who was traded last week to the Miami Dolphins, and former teammate Moe Williams were in Hennepin County District Court seeking to have the charges dismissed. Two other Vikings, cornerback Fred Smoot and tackle Bryant McKinnie, weren't part of Wednesday's hearing.

The October cruise on suburban Lake Minnetonka was swiftly dubbed "Love Boat" after employees of a charter boat company came forward with accusations of lewd behavior, and the Vikings became a target of national ridicule.

Some of Williams' testimony reinforced crew members' accusations. He described a woman pouring drinks at a bar with her head down, shielding her eyes to avoid seeing naked dancers around her. Williams said he suggested to the woman that the lights be turned down so she didn't have to see what was going on.

Williams testified that he got a lap dance, but said he was holding a drink in one hand, a bag of his belongings in the other. He said he never touched the woman's breast, as prosecutors say.

Culpepper's attorney, Earl Gray, argued that even if the two players did get lap dances, it wasn't a crime because such dances happen regularly in Minneapolis.

Culpepper and Williams also contend that race played a factor in the decision to charge them. Both players are black. They say sheriff's investigators have evidence that a boat captain and another man -- both white -- engaged in indecent conduct but were not charged. Smoot and McKinnie, also black, did not ask for dismissal on those grounds.

Prosecutor Steven Tallen has denied that race played a role. He has accused defense lawyers of using race to cloud the real issues. Testimony on that question was expected later Wednesday.

Culpepper and Williams are accused of touching a naked woman during lap dances; McKinnie and Smoot are accused of other alleged lewd acts. They've all pleaded not guilty. Trials for the four are set for April and May.

the crew did join in... at least one of the captians and a deck hand

1382861[/snapback]

soooooo, because a couple of the crew joined in, that means that they were all ok with it?

From testimony today:

Some of Williams' testimony reinforced crew members' accusations. He described a woman pouring drinks at a bar with her head down, shielding her eyes to avoid seeing naked dancers around her. Williams said he suggested to the woman that the lights be turned down so she didn't have to see what was going on.

This has nothing to do with him being a Dolphin.

You seem all indignant about what happened... why aren't you similarly indignant that everyone else involved did not get busted as well.

It just seems off. Honestly... I thought way worse happened. I was shocked today to hear the charges

Edited by Duchess Jack

Exactly.  The problem was touching big-mama's bottom. 

Is a lap dance on a chartered boat illigal or is paying for one illigal?  Did Cpep pay?

1382870[/snapback]

It's the fact they did it in front of other people that didn't want to see that sort of thing, that is making it a crime.

This has nothing to do with him being a Dolphin. 

You seem all indignant about what happened... why aren't you similarly indignant that everyone else involved did not get busted as well.

It just seems off.  Honestly... I though way worse happened.  I was shocked today to hear the charges

1382896[/snapback]

I really could care less. If others were involved, they should be charged as well (although it is widely acknowledged that the players brought the strippers). But I'm bothered by the fact that some don't think the players did anything wrong. Imposing a sex party on the employees of a chartered boat is wrong. Even if some of those employees did take part. There are those on the boat who did not. They were offended. They were propositioned. And they were trapped. The players were WRONG. They DESERVE to be charged.

Edited by CaptainHook

I can follow that logic to a degree...

If it is illigal to hire strippers for a chartered boat - charge the guy who hired them.

If it is illigal to pay for a lap dance, charge the guy who paid for it.

If it is illigal to give a lap dance, charge the person giving it.

If it is illigal to make a proposition to someone, charge that person.

If it is illigal to recieve a lapdance on a ship... most of us are in trouble.. because I imagine that we wll did worse.

It just seems like we have in issue of selective prosecuting now.

And they weren't trapped. They may have 'felt' trapped or 'threatened' but that does not make it so. The boat did go back early.

Maybe because some people don't equate receiving a lap dance as imposing a sex party on someone else. Or propositioning one of the employees.

I think it's clear that some players did some things that they should be charged with. I don't think getting a lap dance is one of those things. Especially if I didn't organize the party. How were some of these players to know that it wouldn't be acceptable? If I went to a party where I knew there would be strippers, I would expect that it was ok for people to be getting lap dances. I would be surprised there were people even there that would be offended, and even more surprised to find out I had committed a crime by getting a lap dance.

Edited by BillyBalata

If it is illigal to hire strippers for a chartered boat - charge the guy who hired them. They did. Smoot.

If it is illigal to pay for a lap dance, charge the guy who paid for it. Culpepper is charged with lewd conduct for touching the dancer. It must be a law in Minny.

And they weren't trapped. They may have 'felt' trapped or 'threatened' but that does not make it so. The boat did go back early. Should they have jumped off the ship?

And they weren't trapped.  They may have 'felt' trapped or 'threatened' but that does not make it so.  The boat did go back early.  Should they have jumped off the ship?

1382941[/snapback]

I am not saying that at all. Did anybody threaten anybody? Force them into something?