[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre

Jackass

By the way, Javon threatened to hold out in mid-July (right in the beginning of training camp) last year.  This is late March, several weeks before the draft.  How are these scenarios comparable?

1393744[/snapback]

Not to mention that GB has already drafted their "QB of the future", pretty much telling Favre that his years were numbered. I'm betting the guy doesn;t want to feel like a place-holder.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that GB has already drafted their "QB of the future", pretty much telling Favre that his years were numbered.  I'm betting the guy doesn;t want to feel like a place-holder.

1393748[/snapback]

Everything I've heard says Rogers isn't ready yet.

If Walker doesn't plan on playing for the Packers this year, he isn't in a position to tell Favre anything.

Walker had the "authority" to ignore Favre's comments last year.  He's a grown man who made a decision to play and, unfortunately, he got hurt.  I don't agree with the way that the Packers have handled this situation, but blaming Favre is ridiculous.  If you're looking for a scapegoat, blame Javon's knee ligaments.

By the way, Javon threatened to hold out in mid-July (right in the beginning of training camp) last year.  This is late March, several weeks before the draft.  How are these scenarios comparable?

1393744[/snapback]

Get the heck outta here.

Walker doesn't need to have "authority" or ask "permission" to call out Favre on this. :D

If he wants to go to the press with some comments/observations, there's not a darn thing to be done about it.

It's obviously a legit need, otherwise why would the Packers organization themselves be setting a deadline for a decision from Favre?

What their justification is for setting the deadline, would be just pure speculation on our part, as we're not privvy to the inner workings of the Packers organization. But I'm sure they have a specific reason....unless Thompson is just being a turd. :D

Not to mention that GB has already drafted their "QB of the future", pretty much telling Favre that his years were numbered.  I'm betting the guy doesn;t want to feel like a place-holder.

1393748[/snapback]

Rumblings I've been hearing from Green Bay is that they're not so sure their QB of the future is even on the roster.

Get the heck outta here.

Walker doesn't need to have "authority" or ask "permission" to call out Favre on this. :D

1393778[/snapback]

He didn't need Brett's "approval" to hold out last year, either.

What their justification is for setting the deadline, would be just pure speculation on our part, as we're not privvy to the inner workings of the Packers organization. But I'm sure they have a specific reason....unless Thompson is just being a turd. :D

Their motives seem obvious to me: They want Favre out. Their team sucks and won't be competitive for years, Favre's career is almost over, Favre costs a lot of money, and they have Rodgers. It's rebuilding time.

He didn't need Brett's "approval" to hold out last year, either.

1393800[/snapback]

Of course the flip side is that Favre didn't need "authority" or ask for "approval" to publicly stick his nose in Walkers business and call him out either.

Their motives seem obvious to me: They want Favre out.  Their team sucks and won't be competitive for years, Favre's career is almost over, Favre costs a lot of money, and they have Rodgers.  It's rebuilding time.

1393800[/snapback]

All the more reason for Walker & other packers to let Favre know he's done. It's fork time. Turn out the lights, the parties over. The grey in his hair and on his face is reality. No need to add the all time single season interception record to his career....etc...etc...etc :D

Of course the flip side is that Favre didn't need "authority" or ask for "approval" to publicly stick his nose in Walkers business and call him out either.

1393825[/snapback]

As the leader of that offense, he had the right to tell Javon to get his ass into camp. This isn't novel. Peyton has told the press that Edge should be in Indy rather than Miami during non-mandatory workouts in previous years. Similarly, Javon had the right to tell Brett to stick it.

All the more reason for Walker & other packers to let Favre know he's done. It's fork time. Turn out the lights, the parties over. The grey in his hair and on his face is reality. No need to add the all time single season interception record to his career....etc...etc...etc :D

Favre's done? Seems to me that he still has a lot of zip on his passes and he's relatively mobile. Of course, he was playing from 20-point deficits and running for his life by the third quarter of most games. I'm sure that affected his stats.

Brett could play for at least another year or two. The question is whether he wants to continue playing on this sorry-ass team.

and they have Rodgers.

1393800[/snapback]

:D That's actually a reason for Favre to stay :D

It's rebuilding time.

1393800[/snapback]

Yeah....you can tell this as the Pack has lots & lots of cap space and they've been making all these wonderful FA signnings :D

Not saying I disagree with you in that the Pack should be in the rebuilding mode, just that for whatever reason, Thompson isn't doing squat.

Heck maybe they'll fool us and pull off a brilliant draft day trade, move up in say the 3rd round........and draft a Punter.

Oh wait.....they've already done that :D

Similarly, Javon had the right to tell Brett to stick it.

1393833[/snapback]

Just like Javon has the right to tell Favre to quit messing around today.
Favre's done?

1393833[/snapback]

Toast! :D

Rumblings I've been hearing from Green Bay is that they're not so sure their QB of the future is even on the roster.

1393793[/snapback]

The new coach hasn't even had a complete training camp yet. Don't write him off yet.

Right on the money!

I was critical of walker last year and gave kudos to Farve for calling him out, but after what happened to Walker and the lack of good faith shown by the packers since. I have re-thought my stance on the renegotiation stand point. The owners just void contracts anyway if they get too expensive or a guy doesn't perform so why should the players honor them? Walker could have gotten more money or not but by getting called out by brett he lost all his leverage then he got hurt...less leverage. Brett is not letting the pack do anything major to improve because they do not know who is gonna be there at QB, As a Vike fan I am happy but the situation is dragging on too long.

1393129[/snapback]

:D

The new coach hasn't even had a complete training camp yet. Don't write him off yet.

1393846[/snapback]

Don't tell me, tell that to Thompson & the Packers organization. That's where the rumblings are coming from.

Just like Javon has the right to tell Favre to quit messing around today.

1393841[/snapback]

Not when he has no intention of playing for the Packers anymore! :D

Toast! :D

Skill-wise, Favre is definitely not done. That should be obvious to anyone who bothered to watch last year. Emotionally, though, he may be.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Don't tell me, tell that to Thompson & the Packers organization. That's where the rumblings are coming from.

1393853[/snapback]

If you have your ear to the wall to the room next door you hear a lot of stuff that turns out false. May have been true to Sherman but not to McCarthy. They didn't make a play for anyone in FA. I would wait and see what happens in the camps.

As the leader of that offense, he had the right to tell Javon to get his ass into camp.

1393833[/snapback]

This is true, but it needs to remain in house. Don't air your dirty laundry in Public. :D
Peyton has told the press that Edge should be in Indy rather than Miami during non-mandatory workouts in previous years.

1393833[/snapback]

Yeah...and we all know how much attention Edge paid to Manning on that. Blew him right off like a weak fart!

Anyways, it's a well known fact that Manning is Edge's little Batch. :D

Not when he has no intention of playing for the Packers anymore!  :D

1393860[/snapback]

Nah...He can call out Favre if he wants to. :D:D
Skill-wise, Favre is definitely not done.  That should be obvious to anyone who bothered to watch last year.  Emotionally, though, he may be is.

1393860[/snapback]

Fixored! :D

If you have your ear to the wall to the room next door you hear a lot of stuff that turns out false. May have been true to Sherman but not to McCarthy. They didn't make a play for anyone in FA. I would wait and see what happens in the camps.

1393880[/snapback]

True. Right now everything I'm hearing on Rodgers is just innuendo & speculation. Have to wait and see how it plays out to determine if there's any validity to these rumors.

Nah...He can call out Favre if he wants to. :D  :D

1393894[/snapback]

But he won't, because he's a one-year wonder who never won crap on the field. :D:D:D

Fixored! :D

1393894[/snapback]

Losing one's father, one's wife being diagnosed with breast cancer, one's home-town being wiped out in a hurricane, and things going horribly at work tends to lead to emotional exhaustion.

I think he'll retire, especially with his employer pushing him out the door in a not-so-suble manner.

Edited by Bill Swerski

But he won't, because he's a one-year wonder who never won crap on the field.  :D  :D  :D

1393902[/snapback]

But he will cause he blames Favre for his torn ACL and doesn't like him :D:D:D:D

Losing one's father, one's wife being diagnosed with breast cancer, one's home-town being wiped out in a hurricane, and things going horribly at work tends to lead to emotional exhaustion.

I think he'll retire, especially with his employer pushing him out the door in a not-so-suble manner.

1393902[/snapback]

Agreed.

But he will cause he blames Favre for his torn ACL and doesn't like him :D  :D  :D  :D

1393910[/snapback]

Because Brett will soon reveal his secret identity...

He's Tonya Harding in disguise! :D

:D:D:huh::lol::)

Because Brett will soon reveal his secret identity...

He's Tonya Harding in disguise!    :D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

1393916[/snapback]

See.......Walker needs to be calling out Favre...that knee capping son of a gun :huh: