[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins negotiating contract

Flip_Side

Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick's performance at a recent Dolphins rookie minicamp was good enough to potentially land a roster spot.

A source said Sunday that the Dolphins were negotiating a free-agent contract with Vick's agent. Coach Nick Saban is "intrigued" by Vick after his tryout at the three-day minicamp earlier this month, the source said.

The Dolphins, though, have competition for Vick's services. Toronto owns Vick's Canadian Football League contractual rights and also has interest in signing him, the source said.

Vick's decision ultimately could come down to what position he wants to play. At six feet tall, Vick may be too small to become an effective NFL quarterback, which is one of the reasons the Dolphins had him take some snaps at wide receiver in their minicamp. Vick's height wouldn't be as much of a detriment playing quarterback for Toronto because the CFL features a more wide-open style of offense.

Don't get me wrong I know the guy has some problems, but I think under Saban he will mature and could be a pretty good receiver.

Edited by Flip_Side

Thanks Flip_Side, but there's already a thread on this still on the 1st page here Little Vick, Updates?

1470382[/snapback]

Yeah, I just noticed you posted that after I posted this thread. :D

1470392[/snapback]

You just noticed it? You were the one that started that thread too! :D

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

You just noticed it?  You were the one that started that thread too!  :D

1470407[/snapback]

Yeah, I didn't check it though give me a break. I just checked the updates and saw a new article about Vick and just posted it right away and then checked my other thread and it was already there. :D

Yeah, I didn't check it though give me a break. I just checked the updates and saw a new article about Vick and just posted it right away and then checked my other thread and it was already there.  :D

1470412[/snapback]

May I humbly suggest you change your User Name to Quick Draw McGraw then? :D