[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One Packers rookie looking good...

Swiss Cheezhead

From Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

The most impressive player through the first week of camp has been rookie WR Greg Jennings. Mature beyond his years, Jennings is playing all three receiver positions, which is unusual for a rookie. He runs precise routes and has caught almost everything thrown his way. He's good getting off the jam and excels on short catch-and-run routes. The big test will be to see if his 5-11, 197-pound frame can handle the punishment of the NFL. Running through the middle of opposing defenses will be far different than it was in college.

...First-round WLB A.J. Hawk did not show much his first week of camp. Considered an impact rookie, Hawk struggled with some of his assignments and didn't do anything special. It might take live action to see what Hawk can do, but he hasn't stood out as one would expect. He shows great burst to the ball and looks as if he might be effective at blitzing, but he struggles in coverage and needs to show more discipline in the running game. The club is hoping that when the games start, Hawk shows some of the big-play ability he did in college.

Obviously, I still think Hawk will be just fine. :D

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

I LOVE Jennings and picked him up in a dynasty league rookie draft a few weeks ago. Still highly underrated but the word is getting out! I could see him being the first rookie WR off the board in about two weeks. Get him now while the value is there!!

Drafted him 3.01 in April, but he is the #1 or #2 now. It's either him or Chad Jackson, both with starting opportunities this season.

...First-round WLB A.J. Hawk did not show much his first week of camp. Considered an impact rookie, Hawk struggled with some of his assignments and didn't do anything special. It might take live action to see what Hawk can do, but he hasn't stood out as one would expect. He shows great burst to the ball and looks as if he might be effective at blitzing, but he struggles in coverage and needs to show more discipline in the running game. The club is hoping that when the games start, Hawk shows some of the big-play ability he did in college.[/i]

Obviously, I still think Hawk will be just fine. :D

I've heard Hodge is blowin' sh*t up.

As for Hawk, SLB is a "chase" position, so IF Hawk has some growing pains, they shouldn't be too bad.

I can't see him being an out-and-out bust; I'd project his worst-case scenario as being "average NFL player" - say, Nate Wayne.

I've heard Hodge is blowin' sh*t up.

As for Hawk, SLB is a "chase" position, so IF Hawk has some growing pains, they shouldn't be too bad.

I can't see him being an out-and-out bust; I'd project his worst-case scenario as being "average NFL player" - say, Nate Wayne.

Was he playing SLB? I saw him playing weak from what I remember. Still he needs a little time.

Jennings has a nice career after him. Hodge broke through the line a few times. Both of those guys really stood out.

Cory Rodgers also had a real nice return on a punt...

Cooledge didnt look bad. He wasnt great either, exactly what I'd thought he'd do.

Hawk struggled, but there were a few times when Hawk and someone else would kind of go at it after a few plays... Anyone else notice that?

Was he playing SLB? I saw him playing weak from what I remember. Still he needs a little time.

Gah, for some reason I was thinking SLB= weak side. :D:D:D

Gah, for some reason I was thinking SLB= weak side. :D:D:D

No problem, Chavez. Try this memory trick:

SLB starts with "S," and "Strong (side)" ALSO starts with "S."

WLB starts with "W," and "Weak (side)" ALSO starts with "W."

:D

Once I realized all that, I never got 'em mixed up again. :D

who the hell cares about the packers. its the steelers this year oh wait we won last year too :D

Too bad the packers suck

It would be nice of you to get ass cancer and die.

No problem, Chavez. Try this memory trick:

SLB starts with "S," and "Strong (side)" ALSO starts with "S."

WLB starts with "W," and "Weak (side)" ALSO starts with "W."

:D

Once I realized all that, I never got 'em mixed up again. :D

:D That seems kinda complicated.

who the hell cares about the packers. its the steelers this year oh wait we won last year too :D

Too bad the packers suck

Two things, sir...

1. This is not the way to start off around here on the huddle. The old timers will give you hell for starting off with stupid crap like this.

2. Its real easy to be a steelers fan right now, my question is this... Where where you a few years ago? Probably rooting for the Patriots or Colts.

I agree with Chavez.

Had to choose between Santonio Moss and Jennings in the 2nd round of my rookie draft.

Choice was made for me when the guy slotted before me chose Moss....I'm glad I got Jennings, looks like he may start day 1 in September while Santonio may be dropping to 4th string for the Giants due to his current injury. Even without injury, Santonio's size (5'-8") may limit him to slot duty most of his career.

Had to choose between Santonio Moss and Jennings in the 2nd round of my rookie draft.

Choice was made for me when the guy slotted before me chose Moss....I'm glad I got Jennings, looks like he may start day 1 in September while Santonio may be dropping to 4th string for the Giants due to his current injury. Even without injury, Santonio's size (5'-8") may limit him to slot duty most of his career.

I have every intention of picking this guy up in my auction dynasty. I met Donald Driver after a few mini camps and I asked him about Jennings, he told me that Jennings is going to be a serious impact player not so far down the road. He said he ran precise routes since day one, and his hands were great. He said the only problem he had was getting off the initial bump from the corner. During the past few weeks i've read that he has been beating corners off the bump consistnatly. Take it for what its worth, but I think Green Bay got a steal.

Hey let Hawk slip I still like the guy. Watched NFL Network where Schefter was praising the guy's work ethic. Going to be a stud in the NFL. These guys don't know s**t!

Its not really an opinion kind of thing... Hawk has struggled in camp. It doesnt mean any of us think he wont turn into what we thought he will... I still have all the confidence in the world in him. He's just not coming in and wrecking shop from the start like a lot of us thought he would.

Its not really an opinion kind of thing... Hawk has struggled in camp. It doesnt mean any of us think he wont turn into what we thought he will... I still have all the confidence in the world in him. He's just not coming in and wrecking shop from the start like a lot of us thought he would.

I can see your point, but it's been what 2 weeks. These guys are awfully quick to jump on a guy that really has done nothing wrong. Everythings getting blown up already and the guy hasn't even been able to hit full time. How can you really gauge how's he doing except for some minor things. Maybe I'm just getting sick of all these pre-pre-season things that are being said. :D

Edited by broncosn05