[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love ya Mom

devilwoman

I lost my Dad 5 years ago. I often joke that he got the ultimate revenge on me for everything bad I did when I was a kid...he made me a Jets fan. :D

But we did share a lot of great football moments together. The one that sticks in my mind is the "Midnight Miracle" at the Meadowlands when the Jets came back from down 23, scored 30 4th quarter points and eventually beat the Dolphins in OT. My wife was in bed and got a bit annoyed when the phone calls started going back and forth around 11PM. The phone was ringing every 10 minutes as my Dad and I went back and forth. The 1998 AFC Championship game also stands out, even though we lost. I wish the Jets could have gotten back to one more SB before he passed. Great memories.

We didn't have the money to go to any games when I was a kid (except one up in Foxboro on my 12th Birthday, which is a story unto itself). So when I grew up and got a decent job, it felt great to be able to take him to a Jets game. One of the last things I did with him before he died (unexpectedly and accidentally) was take him to a Jets game where they played the Bills. There were these two drunk Bills fans behind us and every other word out of their mouths was an F-bomb. I was getting a bit bent out of shape about it so I went to grab a snack. When I came back, my Dad had befriended these two guys and they were palling around like old chums. There were no more F-bombs (well maybe one when the Jets pulled ahead for good). Dad knew how to work a crowd and make people feel comfortable.

Thanks for the topic DW, best wishes this season.

I lost my Dad 5 years ago. I often joke that he got the ultimate revenge on me for everything bad I did when I was a kid...he made me a Jets fan. :D

But we did share a lot of great football moments together. The one that sticks in my mind is the "Midnight Miracle" at the Meadowlands when the Jets came back from down 23, scored 30 4th quarter points and eventually beat the Dolphins in OT. My wife was in bed and got a bit annoyed when the phone calls started going back and forth around 11PM. The phone was ringing every 10 minutes as my Dad and I went back and forth. The 1998 AFC Championship game also stands out, even though we lost. I wish the Jets could have gotten back to one more SB before he passed. Great memories.

We didn't have the money to go to any games when I was a kid (except one up in Foxboro on my 12th Birthday, which is a story unto itself). So when I grew up and got a decent job, it felt great to be able to take him to a Jets game. One of the last things I did with him before he died (unexpectedly and accidentally) was take him to a Jets game where they played the Bills. There were these two drunk Bills fans behind us and every other word out of their mouths was an F-bomb. I was getting a bit bent out of shape about it so I went to grab a snack. When I came back, my Dad had befriended these two guys and they were palling around like old chums. There were no more F-bombs (well maybe one when the Jets pulled ahead for good). Dad knew how to work a crowd and make people feel comfortable.

Thanks for the topic DW, best wishes this season.

Nice, man. Nice.

Edited by loaf