[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How about those Panthers!

irish

I thought they played a very good game today, with all the OL problems and Steve Smith being out. Once Smith gets back, I look for them to make their expected playoff run...they showed more than I expected them to today, and DeAngelo Williams is going to be a handful for defenses the rest of the season.

They just gave this game away. The trick play effort on the punt return was the most stupid decision I've ever seen on a football field. It cost them the game. Fox took the heat for calling it, but it was a very poor decision by Gamble also.

They just gave this game away. The trick play effort on the punt return was the most stupid decision I've ever seen on a football field. It cost them the game. Fox took the heat for calling it, but it was a very poor decision by Gamble also.

You can say that again. I wanted to :D my hair out after that play. Our D was playing very well and just stopped them on a 3 and out and when I saw that stupid... stupid... play.... I just couldn't believe my eyes. Gamble was stupid it to throw it and Fox was very stupid to call the play to try a trick play like that when we were controlling the game up to that play. Then the D comes back and stops them on another 3 and out to set up the FG and our ST was caught with the pants down and the Vikes made a gutsy call to try the fake and it worked perfectly. :lol:

I had the feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just had a feeling that those to plays would cost us the game and sure enough they did. I am sick tonight and am very frustrated with the Panthers play and coaching these two weeks. Fox is a great coach, but he got outcoached my a rookie HC in his 2nd game. :D

The two small things I can take from this game is #1 - the Panthers D played much better and #2 - DeAngelo looks like he can really spark the offense and I see him taking more carries from Foster each week until he is officially named the starter.

Also, I must give credit to the Vikes and their team. Their D looked very good keeping our offense in check most of the game and Chester Taylor looks like a good find for the Vikings and their rushing attack. Sort of wished we would have signed him instead of Foster. :lol: The difference in the game was the ST plays that we blew and the great call on the fake FG they made. It is all about execution and we failed miserably on each big play that made the difference.

Congrats on a good, hard fought game and the better team won the game. Good luck the rest of the season.

Edited by PSULions