[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Wayne's Brother Dies in Car Crash

Big Dogs

Reggie Wayne's Brother Dies

Brother of Colts player killed in traffic accident

Sep 25, 2006 07:22 AM EDT

Kenner, Louisiana - The brother of Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne was killed Sunday when the delivery truck he was driving crashed into a highway guardrail.

Rashad Wayne was pronounced dead at the scene, said James Gallagher, a spokesman for the Kenner Police Department.

Police responded to a call at 10:15 a.m. Sunday about a wreck on westbound Interstate 10. Officers found a Capital City Produce Company truck stopped in the highway's right lane and found the 32-year-old Wayne in the cab with a severe head injury.

A preliminary investigation determined that the truck was traveling in the left lane on the upramp of the interstate bridge, but crossed three lanes as it started fishtailing and then hit the right retaining wall, Gallagher said.

"It slid along the top of the wall on its side a short distance before landing back on its wheels across the lanes leading to Interstate 310," he said.

Rashad Wayne is from Baker, a bedroom community north of Baton Rouge. An autopsy will be performed later to determine the exact cause of his death.

His brother, Reggie Wayne, a New Orleans native, is in his sixth year with the NFL. Wayne played in the Colts 21-14 home victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday and then boarded a plane for Louisiana.

(Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

I was suprised I hadn't seen this on the huddle, but this is on all the local news outlets. It supposedly happened during the game and Reggie was immediately told afterwards.

Coach Dungy has asked all the Colt's players to support Reggie in his time of need, and that he would let Reggie return at his own pace and it would be up to him as to when to come back.

:D:D

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Wayne family!

Reggie Wayne's Brother Dies

I was suprised I hadn't seen this on the huddle, but this is on all the local news outlets. It supposedly happened during the game and Reggie was immediately told afterwards.

Coach Dungy has asked all the Colt's players to support Reggie in his time of need, and that he would let Reggie return at his own pace and it would be up to him as to when to come back.

:D:D

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Wayne family!

there was a thread about this last evening

Sorry, did a quick search on "Reggie Wayne" and didn't see anything for the last two days.....not sure why it didn't come up.

Because the search function is not like google.

If you search for "Reggie Wayne" it really searchs all the threads that have Reggie OR Wayne. So you will get threads with Reggie Bush or Reggie Brown which may have consumed your first search results page.

If you search for "+Reggie +Wayne" you will only get threads that have both Reggie AND Wayne in them.

I really wish all these bulletin boards would default the search function to "AND" and not "OR".

Because the search function is not like google.

If you search for "Reggie Wayne" it really searchs all the threads that have Reggie OR Wayne. So you will get threads with Reggie Bush or Reggie Brown which may have consumed your first search results page.

If you search for "+Reggie +Wayne" you will only get threads that have both Reggie AND Wayne in them.

I really wish all these bulletin boards would default the search function to "AND" and not "OR".

I think I now understand the search function. Thank you sir.