[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some interesting thoughts on overachievers so far

bushwacked

My local is a standard performance decimal scoring league with one PPR. Considering AVG points per game, here is how some of the more surprising guys rank in points per game rank up until the present:

QB: Vick @ 4

Leftwhich @ 6

Kitna @ 8

Rivers @ 10

QB is always a crap shoot. Vick is interesting and I'm guessing it is because of his rushing stats, not a good bet for consistent points. Leftwhich is surpisingly high. Kitna could still lose his job. I expect Rivers to improve throughout the season.

RB: K. Jones @ 6

F. Gore @7

W. Parker @ 8

It looks like those who trusted K. Jones to produce might have finally stopped banging their heads against the wall. Gore and Parker look good, but I think everyone who drafted those guys hoped for this production. The RB position is strangely convuluted this year.

WR: A. Johnson @2

L. Coles @3

Reggie Williams @8

Reggie Williams may be the most pleasant suprise in FF this year. Fortunately for me, I snagged him late in 3 leagues this year. Unfortunately, I finally gave up on Coles and Johnson in same foresaid leagues.

The more I play this game, the more I realize how clueless I am.

Nice post and nice suprises all. Johnsons always been a good bet though, last year was a Oprahe, Carr is good. I think FWP will start to see less carries as Roth wakes up and ND starts taking goaline carries. I think Rivers will end up top 7-5, he has got the grasp of that offense and has a great supporting cast. How about Colston? Did Horn just become the man? I think he will be a TD threat all year.

I think "clueless" is being a bit harsh on yourself. After doing a couple of years of fantasy baseball with some moderate success, and trying to get a grip on football, I see a big difference.

We only have a little over a dozen games to make judgements and evaluations. With baseball you get 5-6 games for 26 weeks. You can pretty much bet the house that, barring injury, a batter will see 3-4 AB's per game and, in the end, will do what he usually does, average-wise. The light hitting shortstop is not going to hit 60HR's and the 60 HR guy is not going to steal 60 bases. :D

But in FB, if the coach decides that for that particular week, he is going to get away from the run and air it out, well, how were we to know? That one week wasted and a statistically significant portion of our season.

Similarly, if a defensive scheme fails miserably and one team falls way behind, there goes not only the running game, but mostly likely, field goals.

This is really hard to predict, and while its a lot of fun, its really very frustrating. :D

Just my opinion, I could be wrong :bash:

I wouldn't have put Willie Parker down as an overachiever. IMO, he's exactly where you would expect him to be, given Pittsburgh's traditional favor of the running game and his breakout skills. He's doing quite nicely for me in leagues that don't reward receptions.

Great post though, food for thought.

Fair enough. In HOT Colston is # 8 among WR's.

1. 10. Holt, Torry STL WR

2. 35. Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR

3. 37. Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

4. 38. Williams, Roy DET WR

5. 39. Brown, Reggie PHI WR

6. 40. Moss, Santana WAS WR

7. 44. Johnson, Andre HOU WR

8. 45. Colston, Marques NOS WR

9. 47. Berrian, Bernard CHI WR

10. 51. Johnson, Keyshawn CAR WR