[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wine oF The Month Clubs?

Scare Tactics

I want to buy some 1 at my job a "Wine of the Month" gift. I have looked at a few web sites, and have determined that they arent cheap, usually going for about $200 for a 6 months subscription. Anyway any suggestions on a site to use that wont send crappy wines, and has a decent price. I mean I dont know 1 site from another & have no clue if the wines they send will be good or garbage... Has anyone used a Wine Club before? Or have any experience with them. I live in NY & so does the person i will be sending it to, if that matters any.. Thanks

I want to buy some 1 at my job a "Wine of the Month" gift. I have looked at a few web sites, and have determined that they arent cheap, usually going for about $200 for a 6 months subscription. Anyway any suggestions on a site to use that wont send crappy wines, and has a decent price. I mean I dont know 1 site from another & have no clue if the wines they send will be good or garbage... Has anyone used a Wine Club before? Or have any experience with them. I live in NY & so does the person i will be sending it to, if that matters any.. Thanks

A taste of california is about $35 a month. You won't recognize many of the wine producers but it's a good intro club. I belonged to an international wine club for awhile and it really broadened my taste because of the different selections. I think it was $50 every 3 months for 6 bottles of wine.

I've only joined two wine clubs before and even that is saying something because I've always had access to wholesale wine. These two were just too good to pass up. First off was D&M Champagne Society. This retailer is probably the best in the states for Champagne and we were treated with amazing bubbles every other month at quite a discount. Mind you, it is Champagne so it's not like it was cheap. Still, I recall it was about $100 per shipment and included either two or three bottles of some pretty baller stuff.

The other was Iron Horse's Corral Club. We visted the winery on our honeymoon and were knocked out by the entire line-up. The cool fringe benefit of inclusion (if you can make it out for it) is the amazing party they throw for members in October. For starters, the weather in Sonoma in October is about as perfect as you'll find. They put on a great spread and open up everything. I ate and drank myself into a stupor (literally, my wife still gives me crap about it to this day). I just couldn't help myself.

At any rate, my $.02

Edited by detlef

I've never joined a wine club that wasn't attached to a specific winery. Currently, I belong to:

Archery Summit: About $120 every other month.

Lemelson: About $200 twice / year.

I'm also on a number of wine mailing lists. Many times these are the only way to purchase specific wines. Some are not as strict but with many, you have to purchase your allotment or your are off the list. A few of the lists that I belong to:

Lewis

Shea

Quilceda Creek

5 years now on the waiting list just to get on to Leonetti's mailing list.

I've never joined a wine club that wasn't attached to a specific winery. Currently, I belong to:

Archery Summit: About $120 every other month.

Lemelson: About $200 twice / year.

I'm also on a number of wine mailing lists. Many times these are the only way to purchase specific wines. Some are not as strict but with many, you have to purchase your allotment or your are off the list. A few of the lists that I belong to:

Lewis

Shea

Quilceda Creek

5 years now on the waiting list just to get on to Leonetti's mailing list.

I don't even think I could get on the waiting list for Leonetti. :D

I'm on Quilceda Creek's waiting list.

Edited by twiley

My favorite has been Bounty Hunter. They have multiple levels to choose from. I haven't been a member for 3 or 4 years, but I remember getting some great wines from them.

[/qu

The Bounty Hunter is a great wine club... I really like what Daniel Dawson does with Back Room wiens, there are some good wiens that are usually very limited production:

Backroom Wiens