[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tie in the playoffs

alwaysrocking

My fantasy team isn't traveling to your home field to play. My fantasy team doesn't have to deal with the home town crowd in your stadium. There is no home field in fantasy football. Any attempt to simulate HF is a pure arbitrary assigning of points to one team for no other reason than it is their turn to get extra points.

Fantasy football scoring systems all have different wrinkles; I think it's not the worst one I've heard and apparently the majority of the league with the rule has no problem in it.

What if a league DID schedule according to home fields, with say a +1 advantage to the team, in the regular season? Then a playoff home field would be completely consistent with their standard scoring.

I think it's an interesting little wrinkle; and in my leagues we RARELY have ties, so it's more or less the equivalent of an "earned coin flip" if it comes down to it.

My fantasy team isn't traveling to your home field to play. My fantasy team doesn't have to deal with the home town crowd in your stadium. There is no home field in fantasy football. Any attempt to simulate HF is a pure arbitrary assigning of points to one team for no other reason than it is their turn to get extra points.

wrong. in the case of a tie, you are rewarding a team for having the better team all season long. In my league's case, they are getting .01 extra points.

Fantasy football scoring systems all have different wrinkles; I think it's not the worst one I've heard and apparently the majority of the league with the rule has no problem in it.

What if a league DID schedule according to home fields, with say a +1 advantage to the team, in the regular season? Then a playoff home field would be completely consistent with their standard scoring.

I think it's an interesting little wrinkle; and in my leagues we RARELY have ties, so it's more or less the equivalent of an "earned coin flip" if it comes down to it.

In many leagues the 3rd division winner has a worse record than the 1st wild card but gets a higher seed as a division winner. That 3rd division winner didn't "earn a HF advantage" ... he got lucky enough to be in a division that sucked.

wrong. in the case of a tie, you are rewarding a team for having the better team all season long. In my league's case, they are getting .01 extra points.

Wrong. In many cases you are rewarding the team that was fortunate enough to face a schedule that was easy enough that they were able to win more H2H games than another team.

In many leagues the 3rd division winner has a worse record than the 1st wild card but gets a higher seed as a division winner. That 3rd division winner didn't "earn a HF advantage" ... he got lucky enough to be in a division that sucked.

Wow, kinda like the NFL playoffs in many cases. How about that!

Wrong. In many cases you are rewarding the team that was fortunate enough to face a schedule that was easy enough that they were able to win more H2H games than another team.

Wow, kinda like the real NFL in many cases. How about that!