[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divisional Weekend and BCS Championship Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

three big plays thwarted my first half play. heaps fumble leading to a fg, mcnairs pick leading to no pts, and the offsides penalty that allowed indy somebreathing room when the ravens had them pegged. oh well. i see a nice spot this second half with the over 20. i'm not chasing my losses, but i'm putting a buck on it.

Tough day yesterday. First losing day for me in a long time. 0-1 in my bets.

Both games were tough to take. No point in talking excuses - a L is a L.

I'll post my plays shortly. I am leaning strongly to Chi. But, then I saw the following from Lang, who is clearly chasing his 40 Dime loss yesterday.

He has a 150 DIMER on the Bears:

Note:

It's a big day today. No way around it.

I don't put myself in this spot very often but when I have, when I absolutely have to win to save my season, I usaully do.

Which brings us today.

I feel great about the Bears today. Really do.

Now, it's time for me to give you the reason's why.

BEARS

Now, I am well aware of the possible weather problems but that just sets up even better for Chicago.

Seattle is in big trouble in this game. Big, big trouble.

They are ranked 28th in the league defending the run. That is problem number one.

The Bears will run this ball right down their throat and get Rex Grossman in very manageable situations. That will be a huge key to their success.

This is a Seattle team that just isn't their offensively, regardless of what Mike Holmgren says.

Last week at home, against a Dallas defense that just gave up 39 points 6 days earlier at home to the Detroit Lions and Jon Kitna, they could only muster up 21 points.

I am talking about 21 points. That is flat out not getting it done and it will be their downfall in this game today.

I truly feel deep down this is going to be a coming out party for the Bears offensively. I really do. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner has to be licking his chops to get after this makeshift secondary of the Seahawks.

Seattle is missing 3 starters back there in Marcus Trufant, Kelly Herndon and Jimmy Williams. They had to go off the team to sign Rich Gardner and Pete Hunter, a guy was working in a mortgage office earlier this year.

Not exactly the type of secondary you want to be taking into a playoff game.

People are so down on Rex Grossman, as I have been this year but he will put everyone in their place today.

I don't even put any stock in the first meeting, won by the Bears 37-6 on a Sunday night. That was so long ago, it doesn't matter.

This is about Seattle, a team that in the last 2 years, has beaten only 1 team on the road with a better than .500 record and that was Denver earlier this year in Jay Cutlers first start.

I know people are saying the Bears are banged up defensively missing Tommy Harris and Mike Brown but I truthfully feel they will be fine facing this Seattle offense.

Hasselback will have Darrell Jackson at less than 100 percent and he might not even play and DJ Hackett is probably out as well.

You are getting ready to play a road playoff game with a patchwork secondary and your back up QB playing receiver for the 3rd time in 4 games.

You couldn't ask for a better situation for the Bears to put all the negativity to rest and for at least one week, restore confidence with a dominating defensive effort at home and an offensive output that the fans will be happy with.

I look for the Bears to create at least 3 turnovers, sack Hasselback at least 3 times and to get either a defensive touchdown or a special teams score or maybe both and win this game going away.

150 DIME WINNER - Chicago Bears 31-13

SUNDAY 30 DIME

San Diego Chargers

I took the Colts indivudual over 18.5..and I took the first half under in the Saints game under 24..I think this game will be under 48.5..

I suck :D

I suck :D

my uterus was abused so much yesterday, i don't know if i can take another pummeling. ok, so it wasn't as bad as that and it actually had a chance to turn out good if new orleans could have given up one less monster play. i had about 350 in losses. i did win my teaser which cut it to 200 in losses and a small basketball parlay i played i won 120. i missed a four team parlay with the colts moneyline and under, and the saints -5.5 and the under. that field goal philly kicked smited my over and spread. anyway, onto today. i like the over in the bears game. i like the bears first half. i like brandon lang.........lol. i also like the chargers and under in that game.

Good luck on that play Crispirons.

G - good luck today. Some value is lost (as I am sure you know) when teasing across 0. I like the Chi play, but the other 2 - you may get even more value taking the dogs and teasing up.

I took a beating on the games Saturday, Sunday was much better. Thank goodness Duke covered -7 for me against Miami, but a small comfort. :D

I took a beating on the games Saturday, Sunday was much better. Thank goodness Duke covered -7 for me against Miami, but a small comfort. :D

I feel your pain. I was hoping you took that dogs teased up + the Bears. Would have cashed, but I'm guessing you already had made your play.

I hate being wrong, especially when the money is to be made in the playoffs. Usually a dog bettor, but got caught up in all the models that discussed "home covers in the divisional round" at such a high rate. All games were decided by FGs (granted the Indy game was decided by 3 FGs...)

Services got burned, but no suprise there. I don't know who in their Several respected sharps on big favs which lost. Unusual, but true. They loved Bears and NO. Both won but failed to cover.

Edited by Steeltown Dre

I feel your pain. I was hoping you took that dogs teased up + the Bears. Would have cashed, but I'm guessing you already had made your play.

I hate being wrong, especially when the money is to be made in the playoffs. Usually a dog bettor, but got caught up in all the models that discussed "home covers in the divisional round" at such a high rate. All games were decided by FGs (granted the Indy game was decided by 3 FGs...)

Sadly Dre my 3 team 10 point teaser included the Ravens :bash: Felt pretty good with the Ravens +6, shows what I know :D

I here ya, I hate being wrong in the playoffs. I really screwed the pooch Saturday, but I guess that's why the call it "gambling" :D

As you know, Brandon Lang had a 150 Dimer on Chi.

Here was Stu Finer's 25,0000 Dime Game of his life on Chi as well. Both are going to have to deal w/ getting dumped by clients bigtime after going out on such a limb w/ Chi...

25,000 DIME GAME OF MY LIFE...CHICAGO

I am so sick and tired of the national media blasting Chicago, its defense and of course it quarterback. Vegas is begging everyone to take Seattle this afternoon, but DO NOT GET SUCKERED IN. This is not a good Seattle team (Dallas should've won last week) and well rested Chicago is going to win this football game by at least four touchdowns. Last year in this spot, Chicago came out very flat and allowed Carolina to punk them at home. But that was a good Carolina team. This is not a good Seattle squad. Mediocre is the word that comes to mind when thinking of Mike Holmgren's outfit. They ranked 19th in the league in total offense and 19th in total defense. They have a minus-8 turnover ratio, which is easily the worst among the eight divional playoff teams (Chicago is plus-8). This is the same Seattle team that lost by 31 points at Chicago earlier this year and in the last half of the season, they managed to lose to Arizona and to San Francisco twice. They're not good!

Seattle's offensive line is just not playing as well as they did last year and Shaun Alexander, injury or not, failed to rush for 100 yards in nine games this season. Seattle rushed for just eight touchdowns all year and gave up a whopping 49 sacks. Brian Urlacher and the Chicago defense are going to dominate this game. Seattle's top two receivers at this stage of year, Darrell Jackson and D.J. Hackett, are both hobbling and are game-time decisions. That's huge as Matt Hasselbeck is going to struggle in this one. Seattle would like to play ball control, but Chicago's defense is just too good. They won't let it happen. The Chicago stop unit, which gave up just 16 points per game at home this year, will force turnovers and give their offense short fields to work with.

Seattle is beat up in the secondary and I look for Rex Grossman to play well this afternoon. He is a bounce back guy and while the pressure is on him, he'll play well because Chicago will be able to move the football on the ground against this Seattle defense that ranked just 22nd versus the run this season. In the first meeting, Chicago grinded out 143 rushing yards and they'll top that mark today. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson form a solid one-two punch. Lovie Smith has kept Benson fresh and the key here is a stable offensive line that allowed just 25 sacks. And I haven't even mentioned return man Devin Hester, who is a threat to take it back for six everytime he touches the football.

Chicago laid an egg last year in the playoffs and now is time to make amends. Seattle is a pretender folks. They backed into the playoffs in a watered down conference. Urlacher will not let this team fold against an inferior foe. The Chicago defense will dominate, Grossman will play well and Chicago will blast this Seattle team from the opening kickoff. Bet whatever you want and watch Chicago roll by at least four touchdowns.

As you know, Brandon Lang had a 150 Dimer on Chi.

Here was Stu Finer's 25,0000 Dime Game of his life on Chi as well. Both are going to have to deal w/ getting dumped by clients bigtime after going out on such a limb w/ Chi...

25,000 DIME GAME OF MY LIFE...CHICAGO

I am so sick and tired of the national media blasting Chicago, its defense and of course it quarterback. Vegas is begging everyone to take Seattle this afternoon, but DO NOT GET SUCKERED IN. This is not a good Seattle team (Dallas should've won last week) and well rested Chicago is going to win this football game by at least four touchdowns. Last year in this spot, Chicago came out very flat and allowed Carolina to punk them at home. But that was a good Carolina team. This is not a good Seattle squad. Mediocre is the word that comes to mind when thinking of Mike Holmgren's outfit. They ranked 19th in the league in total offense and 19th in total defense. They have a minus-8 turnover ratio, which is easily the worst among the eight divional playoff teams (Chicago is plus-8). This is the same Seattle team that lost by 31 points at Chicago earlier this year and in the last half of the season, they managed to lose to Arizona and to San Francisco twice. They're not good!

Seattle's offensive line is just not playing as well as they did last year and Shaun Alexander, injury or not, failed to rush for 100 yards in nine games this season. Seattle rushed for just eight touchdowns all year and gave up a whopping 49 sacks. Brian Urlacher and the Chicago defense are going to dominate this game. Seattle's top two receivers at this stage of year, Darrell Jackson and D.J. Hackett, are both hobbling and are game-time decisions. That's huge as Matt Hasselbeck is going to struggle in this one. Seattle would like to play ball control, but Chicago's defense is just too good. They won't let it happen. The Chicago stop unit, which gave up just 16 points per game at home this year, will force turnovers and give their offense short fields to work with.

Seattle is beat up in the secondary and I look for Rex Grossman to play well this afternoon. He is a bounce back guy and while the pressure is on him, he'll play well because Chicago will be able to move the football on the ground against this Seattle defense that ranked just 22nd versus the run this season. In the first meeting, Chicago grinded out 143 rushing yards and they'll top that mark today. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson form a solid one-two punch. Lovie Smith has kept Benson fresh and the key here is a stable offensive line that allowed just 25 sacks. And I haven't even mentioned return man Devin Hester, who is a threat to take it back for six everytime he touches the football.

Chicago laid an egg last year in the playoffs and now is time to make amends. Seattle is a pretender folks. They backed into the playoffs in a watered down conference. Urlacher will not let this team fold against an inferior foe. The Chicago defense will dominate, Grossman will play well and Chicago will blast this Seattle team from the opening kickoff. Bet whatever you want and watch Chicago roll by at least four touchdowns.

Ouch.