[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Graham to Denver

bushwacked

I like this move, and I don't think that overpaying for Graham is that big of a deal, especially considering that they lost out on signing Patrick Kearney.

Cutler needs protection, and I think a lot of two tight-end sets are coming. Sheffler is probably still the faster of the two, and he will get plenty of action. This is the one phase of the game that the Broncos have been lacking the last couple of years-----utilizing the tight ends in the passing game more.

Now if we can trade Bly to Washington and somehow wrangle that #6 pick from them, we'll be in business! :D

they like brandon marshall a lot.

Is Brandon Marshall the guy w/ the busted up hand that Bronoco Billy has been saying for more than a year wouldn't ever really amount to anything in the NFL as a WR because of his hand, despite all of his other great attributes?

Is Brandon Marshall the guy w/ the busted up hand that Bronoco Billy has been saying for more than a year wouldn't ever really amount to anything in the NFL as a WR because of his hand, despite all of his other great attributes?

No. Thats Darius Watts, now with the Giants.

But, is Daniel Graham worth the top-paid TE in the league? Does he improve the Broncos that much, where he's a guaranteed $15M improvement?

I don't think so. And it appears I'm in the minority. So be it. Just don't see it, though. Sorry.

But, is Daniel Graham worth the top-paid TE in the league? Does he improve the Broncos that much, where he's a guaranteed $15M improvement?

I don't think so. And it appears I'm in the minority. So be it. Just don't see it, though. Sorry.

I don't know if you are in the minority. Graham is credited as a great run blocker and decent catching TE. I haven't noticed him blowing up guys off the line on a consistent basis (I sure hope he is for this money) but still think that many another TEs meet this criteria for a whole lot less dough.

As a Hawk fan, I was lukewarm on Graham as a potential replacment. I wish we would have just franchised Stevens for about $4 mill to provide us with the needed familiarity, game breaking ability, and effective blocking in the Holmgren WCO with way less financial committment. Now that the Hawks probably spurned Stevens and the options are limited, I can only wish that Graham as a Seahawk.

15 million for Graham isn't that much if you figure that Henry is getting 12 million. Where are the Broncos getting the cap room from anyway?

Edited by bushwacked

:confused:

Brandon Marshall was drafted by DEN last year.

Darius Watts was the DEN high draft pick WR who had a claw for a hand due to an auto accident in his youth, which severely limited what was otherwise some superb athletic ability.

Try to keep up, wouldja', muck?

:D

For what he'll do in the DEN system? He just may be. Shanahan likes using one TE like an extra OT in double TE sets, and also when he goes to the power game. The guy who plays that role in the DEN O also gets some decent short yardage looks at catching the ball, especially in the red zone.

For another team that relies on TEs to stretch the middle of the field to force deeper drops out of LBs & blocking is a secondary attribute? No, Graham probably wouldn't fit the bill.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:confused:

Brandon Marshall was drafted by DEN last year.

Darius Watts was the DEN high draft pick WR who had a claw for a hand due to an auto accident in his youth, which severely limited what was otherwise some superb athletic ability.

Try to keep up, wouldja', muck?

:D

Oh, I was keeping up ... I just couldn't remember the name.

Thanks!