[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Future HOF Ogden not retiring yet

Trots

From the Baltimore Sun.

By Jamison Hensley and Mike Preston

Sun Reporters

Originally published April 26, 2007, 8:40 PM EDT

Jonathan Ogden told The Sun tonight that he will return to the Ravens for his 12th season.

Ogden, a 10-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle, had been contemplating retirement since the Ravens' playoff loss to Indianapolis.

Although team officials remained optimistic about Ogden's return, he made it official tonight, boosting the Ravens' chances of repeating as AFC North champions and returning to the playoffs.

"I am coming back," Ogden told The Sun. "I won't say that it's 100 percent because I don't want to close any door. But unless something drastic happens to make me change my mind -- and I don't foresee that happening -- then I'm playing one more year."

Ogden, however, said he hasn't determined whether this season will be his last.

"I don't know," he said. "I'll probably have to go through this again at the end of next season. I'm not one of those players who want a farewell tour or something like that. As long as I enjoy playing and am willing to prepare, then I'll keep playing."

Ogden, 32, is widely considered a future Hall of Fame lineman after being one of the most dominating blockers of his generation.

But last season was one of the toughest of Ogden's career, starting with the death of his father at the beginning of training camp.

Then, the end of the season was marred when he injured the big toe on his left foot, which sidelined him for the final two games of the regular season.

Ogden said he didn't anguish over the decision.

"There was some pressure during the first month of the offseason," Ogden said. "My toe was still hurting, and it still isn't 100 percent. I still haven't gotten over that last loss. But once the toe started feeling better and I started feeling better about our season, the decision became easier to make."

:D Whachoo talking bout Willis?

Yup, McGahee is better than Lewis and will spur the offense into moving the ball and getting the D less time on the field.

Ogden is a HOF'er and a great guy. I've heard he still drives the same Jeep Cherokee that he showed up to camp as a rookie in. It's been said many times that he still has almost every penny earned from the NFL as he is not all about the bling and hype. Had his home in Vegas custom built to make it possible for him to walk through the doorways without bending over or turning sideways.