[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waters (SD) faces assault and battery charges

"According to an arrest warrant and an incident report, the windshield of Waters' car was smashed on Tuesday when Colby Sarvis allegedly threw a rock at the vehicle. Waters pulled to the side of the road, a confrontation ensued, and Waters and a friend, Brian Rogers, are alleged to have beaten Sarvis."

I'm sorry, but if you do something like that you deserve to get your ass beaten into the ground. This guy got what he deserved and this shouldn't even be a case.

Edited by Crazysight

"According to an arrest warrant and an incident report, the windshield of Waters' car was smashed on Tuesday when Colby Sarvis allegedly threw a rock at the vehicle. Waters pulled to the side of the road, a confrontation ensued, and Waters and a friend, Brian Rogers, are alleged to have beaten Sarvis."

I'm sorry, but if you do something like that you deserve to get your ass beaten into the ground. This guy got what he deserved and this shouldn't even be a case.

Too bad the laws in the US don't allow that.

I'm with Crazysight here. If a solitary dude busted my windshield with a rock while my car was moving AND had the stupidity to pull over to the side of the road to mix it up with me and a buddy, a severe ass-beating would be in his future...and I'm only 5-10, 195. I'd like to know how big this Colby Sarvis guy is.

Too bad the laws in the US don't allow that.

Well, it certainly depends on the details of what happened after the two cars pulled over. We know why Waters pulled over -- his windshield was shattered. We have to assume the other guy was pulling over to escalate the altercation (I doubt he was apologizing), which means Waters and his friend can easily make a self-defense argument. They were already assaulted in the car -- by the rock -- and had good reason to believe the guy was hostile and had no regard for their lives.

I don't see the problem here.

The Supreme Court has determined the legitimacy of "fighting words". I don't see how a rock breaking the windshield of a moving vehicle & then the rock thrower pulling over to continue the altercation doesn't surpass the level of provocation that "fighting words" does.

The rock thrower desreved the ass beating and maybe a couple of days in the hospital. It would be impossible to argue that he didn't intentionally endanger the lives of Waters and his companion.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I knew a guy a while back who was a little bit on the crazy side and told me that he went to court on like 3 separate occasions for simple assault charges but got off every time because his argument in each case was simply that "the guy deserved it"...apparantly the judge agreed.

Edited by Crazysight