[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young is The Man

Pope Flick

Let's not forget him throwing his helmet up in the air in disgust (I'd assume) after the game was over. Just a senseless display of immaturity IMO. Totally understand the emotions involved, but learning to control them will take him to the next level.

Agreed.

He's really not used to losing very much. That's not an excuse but you can hardly fault a guy for expecting to win everytime he steps onto the field and is disappointed when he doesn't.

Keep the competitive attitude and confidence but let's ixsnay on the antics and outbursts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

.... and oh so smart! Did anyone see his piece on ESPN where he read his letter to the team. :D And to think this guy has a 4 year degree! I wont be sending either of my kids to UT.

Big mistake. UT's a very solid school. IIRC, DMD also went there and he doesn't seem illiterate to me.

If you think that all of the football players at Michigan, or even Cal or Northwestern, can read at a college level, you're sorely mistaken. I met Darnell Autry when he was at NW (a friend of my ex-girlfriend was dating him) and I can tell you first-hand that he's dumber than a doorknob.

I wasn't impressed with Vince Young much yesterday. He is very difficult to tackle in the open field, but the Colts were daring him to beat him with his arm, and he couldn't do it. His crappy WR's have something to do with that, I'm sure. His TD pass to Roydell Williams was his best pass of the day. But he missed guys several times. And they were in one-on-one coverage.

I said in my post about the game that I'm absolutely sure that VY will be a very good QB. But he's not a great passer yet.

The Colts missing an extra point, missing a FG, and mis-firing in the red-zone had more to do with the game being close than Vince Young did.

True, but I would give some of the props to the Titans D. I dont think I've seen Manning on his back that much in a long time.

As for the Titans D, Peyton had 2 passes that 90% of the time are TD's to Harrison. The fade on third down from the 2 yard line in the third quarter, Marvin had a step, but slipped on that crap they call a "field" in TN, he still made the catch , but was out of bounds. Then on the second down play on the Colts last drive, Marvin torched Harper, but Manning underthrew it. That allowed Harper to tip it away.

they were also handed a field goal at the end of the first half. indy somehow had a hometown timekeeper even though the game was in tennessee.

what??? The ball was clearly incomplete before time ran out. I can't see how you can even complain about that since the game was in TN.

Edited by CaptainHook

anyone who has the game on tivo can verify. there were 4 seconds on the clock when indy snapped on the incompletion to harrison. the clock was at 1 second before it even got to marvin.

just checked it. You're wrong. Ball was snapped with 5 seconds, ball fell incomplete with one second on the clock.

The game clock or CBS's clock?

i think they're linked up. but here, check the official game chart

2-1-TEN 29 (:21) 18-P.Manning pass deep left to 87-R.Wayne pushed ob at TEN 8 for 21 yards (31-C.Finnegan).

1-8-TEN 8 (:18) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short middle to 11-A.Gonzalez to TEN 4 for 4 yards (50-D.Thornton).

2-4-TEN 4 (:04) 18-P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to 88-M.Harrison (37-C.Lowry).

3-4-TEN 4 (:01) (Field Goal formation) 4-A.Vinatieri 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-48-J.Snow, Holder-17-H.Smith.

so not only did the incompletion through the back of the endzone only run 3 seconds off the clock, but the 21 yard completion to wayne 2 plays earlier somehow only took 3 seconds as well. that seems like pretty friendly timekeeping to me.

i think they're linked up. but here, check the official game chart

so not only did the incompletion through the back of the endzone only run 3 seconds off the clock, but the 21 yard completion to wayne 2 plays earlier somehow only took 3 seconds as well. that seems like pretty friendly timekeeping to me.

Given that Reggie can run 40 yards in about 4.4-4.5 seconds, I don't think that him going 21 in 3 and going out of bounds right away is that much of a stretch.

And I still don't see why TEN's clock manager would give the Colts any sort of advantage. That just doesn't make any sense.

unless you're posting video, i'm going with what i know i saw with my own eyes, confirmed by the official game log i just posted.

I've got the game TiVo'd. Ball is snapped at 5 seconds. Ball is laying on the ground incomplete with one second on the clock. The pass to Wayne was ridiculous, and the catch was even better, and it took 3 seconds. Reggie was running flat out down the sideline, caught it in stride and immediately was knocked out of bounds. How do you not think a guy can run 20 yards in three seconds? :D

And I still don't see why TEN's clock manager would give the Colts any sort of advantage. That just doesn't make any sense.

well, i'm pretty sure no one directly affiliated with either team actually runs the clock. i just called it a hometown thing because, back in the day, that was usually the explanation when one team got very favorable time stoppages like that.