[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marino to host hour long HBO special

LooGie

http://feeds.theonion.com/~r/theonion/dail...s_hour_long_hbo

"I once held all the major records, but I never came close on interceptions," Marino added. "Also, I want to make it clear that I still have the records for passing yards in a season and in a career, but I have to hand it to Brett: He is now the interception record holder. Congratulations there, buddy."

I have to give Marino props for handling the breaking of his records with class. It was also nice to hear Brett tell Marino that he never considered himself to be in the same class as him. Lots of respect among the league's great QBs (except for Boomer, of course, but he doesn't really fit into the "great" category either).

I have to give Marino props for handling the breaking of his records with class.

Maybe he was calmer during the TD one, but he's usually on a mental meltdown when a record of his is broken.

Great competitor and all, but he knows his time is over.

He probably hoped to die of old age before seeing his records fall.

The records are all he had left to be mentioned as an all-time great.

He'll be sipping tea with Dan Fouts soon as a great stat guy, but not considered one of the best.

A top 5 guy in stat categories becomes an afterthought over time.

Maybe he was calmer during the TD one, but he's usually on a mental meltdown when a record of his is broken.

Great competitor and all, but he knows his time is over.

He probably hoped to die of old age before seeing his records fall.

The records are all he had left to be mentioned as an all-time great.

He'll be sipping tea with Dan Fouts soon as a great stat guy, but not considered one of the best.

A top 5 guy in stat categories becomes an afterthought over time.

I agree. Dan tends to lose his mind rather easily, and thinks awfully highly of himself. I think never winning the superbowl is STILL hanging over his head, and once his records go, seriously..what else is there?

Yeah, the Onion rules.

I just hate that INT record.

Why? I'm sure Brett couldn't care less. Only Brett could have the INT record AND the TD record, and make everyone smile when they think about it. He has that passion that allows him to have that record, without the nonsense that goes with it. No one can doubt anything he has ever done, and true NFL fans can do anything but laugh when think about Brett having the INT record...imo anyway.