[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Dallas Clark

capostatus

Man, that seems to be the rule of thumb for drafting fantasy football players lately:

Contract year, never fear. Just got paid, stay away.

I really like this logic as it seems to ring true more and more.

As a Clark rookie drafter 5 years ago, I held him and held him in my keeper league. I finally got sick of his "potential" and cut him last year. The guy that picked him up cut him before our redraft this year for the same reason. Clark sat out in the FA pool until the third week when I picked him up. After 5 years he's finally showed up.

I attribute the production of Clark to several things....

1. Marvins injuries/slowing down, he's hoarding catches

2. He's staying healthier, still has his knicks here and there though.

3. He does know the system better and better.

4. And the real reason, my number one reason truly is: He's Mannings road roommate this year. Kinda gotten lovie dovie this year too. I'm not saying anything's going on but I'm sure they lay in bed at night and "talk". <-----go back to #3

Pssst. Dallas Clark is in a contract year. And if you look here you can see I did predict him to have a career year.

:D

This one was a little more than a contract year. As mentioned above a lot of factors came together to allow Clark to produce at his current level.

After 4 years of the same production and number of targets it sure seemed like Clark had settled into a certain role.