[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry - Never getting suspended?

Bedoman

YES ITS SARCASTIC !!!!!

My point is this guy and his lawyers are playing the league like a fiddle.....

Goodell looks like an idiot and this is setting up future cases....

For example why doesn't Chris Henry (TEN) go to court and claim the test was not proper OR that the steroid was not a steroid and his friend planted it in his protein powder???

My point was that Roger Goodell shoud get control of this and make a decision regardless of the courts or he'll be dealing with athletes using the court system much more in the future trust me .....

The other thing is the Broncos organization should be embarrassed.....what does it say for their organization???

And what exactly do you expect Goodell to do to "get control of the situation"? The court system has stepped in and tied his hands. Even he tried to suspend Henry at this point the suspension wouldn't be 30 seconds old before the player's union had a court injunction.

But yeah Goodell, go ahead and ignore the law. :D

The law had nothing to do with Chris Henry of Pacman Jones

Goodell could suspend on the same precedent he did those 2 players.

And what do Chris Henry and Pacman Jones have to do with Travis Henry. Neither CHenry nor Jones involved the legal system, Travis did. Once the legal system is involved Goodall can't simply decide to ignore the courts.

So thats my point exactly.....Why doesn't every player involved ina potenitial suspension get the LEGAL SYSTEM involved from now on ???

Their case will get tied up in the system for month's right? This will set the example for all players in my opinion....

So thats my point exactly.....Why doesn't every player involved ina potenitial suspension get the LEGAL SYSTEM involved from now on ???

Their case will get tied up in the system for month's right? This will set the example for all players in my opinion....

Such is the nature of professional football these days. Owners vs the player's union. Please tell me exactly what you expect Goodall to do about it? Who knows why some players choose to be piss ants while other don't.

My 2 cents here, Im a Divorce and Real Estate Attorney for the State of PA and I know some of what is going on here with the Goddell and Henry, not entirely but some points.

If the NFL decides to charge Henry with a violation of the CBA he has with Denver and the NFL they can pursue it in such a way that the law "outside the NFL" would have no precident. Henry has a binding contract with the NFL and I am almost positive in that said contract, there has to be some sub-title concerning the use of drugs, narcotics, or just broadstroked as, "conduct unbecoming."

When Henry filed against the use of the said "B" sample, it put in affect the law ouside Goddells prosecutionary limits. IMO, from 10 years of legal battles, once a person does this and has a history of criminal misconduct, it shows that they are guilty of something. Henry has a questionable past which we all know, BUT he could beat this if he has a good lawer who knows how to "play" the system.

To answer about DEN knowing about this and still playing Henry, yes I agree that it doesnt look good for DEN , Shanny,to play him seeing that he has no regaurd for his contract or the integrity of the NFL.

I do believe that Goddell still has the right to suspend him till the outcome of the legal trial shows its decision

Edited by RJV