[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh loses to the JETS?

Donutrun Jellies

Should the fact that Pitt has lost to Arizona, Denver, and the Jest alarm the Steeler faithful? :D

ABSOLUTELY it should. It shows that they are an inconsistent team. Championship teams win the games they are supposed to win against inferior teams, the Steelers three times on the road, failed to do so.

It does. It is really strange but at times this offensive line looks like the worst in football. Today was one of those times. Yes I am concerned but truth be told they have already exceeded my expectations for the year. I expected one more win than they have right now but I was on record thinking that they could have come away with as little as five wins. This team needs some work but at times this team looks like one of the best out there this year. You just never know what version you are going to get.

Oh and all kidding aside, the Jets played a hell of game. :D

True, they are still 7-3, which, coming off of an 8-8 season, is a good thing. However, this was a wake-up call, that they have some work to do, if they want to accomplish anything during this year's stretch run and the post-season. This is a good team, but, their offensive line was exposed and will continue to be exposed if they don't fix it.

Also, I agree, the Jets played a great, physical game. :D

do we know if menudo is alright?

Who knows...he's probably still looking for seahawk fans to bash...going on and on about how great the Steelers are... and not paying any attention to his Steelers...WHO LOST TO THE J *E*T*S, JETS, JETS, JETS today. I wish I could brag about my Hawks...hey wait...we did play a pretty solid game today... I love my HAWKS!! ;)

it depends...

how alright can you be after jumping out a 2 story window?..

he's alive of course, but he has to be hurting :D

Menudo is too busy crying right now.

Menudo is writing a suicide poem right now. Luckily, he can't find anything that rhymes with 'Roethlisberger'.

Isn't he moving to a new house :D I mean Roethlisberger shrine?

Thanks for all of the concern guys, but, trust me, I don't get too upset over football games. Watching the Steelers play football, and watching NFL football in general are up their on my list of favorite things to do in this world, but, trust me, I'm not one of those guys that get depressed over a loss by my favorite football team. I'm annoyed for 5 minutes, and then I'm onto more important things. As has been proven on here many times, I am more guilty of being a poor winner, than I am of being a poor loser, in regards to the Steelers.

As for this season, anyone who actually reads my stuff, realizes that I wasn't even pimping the Steelers despite their record. My only bragging came about Roethlisberger, and the great season he is having. The Steelers are a good team, but, they are a LONG way away from the Patriots, and right now, probably a good distance behind the Colts, Cowboys, & Packers. Time will tell if they can get things corrected in time for a playoff run.

...and yes, I was moving into my new house this weekend :wacko:, I have no internet and no TV at home. I had to go to the bar to watch the Steelers, and with the Holidays, Verizon can't get my DSL up until the 28th :D Directv will be there tomorrow. :D

Edited by Menudo

If I were a Steeler fan, I would not get too down over this loss. Forgeting the Pats game (because they kick the bejezuz out of everyone) the Jets have been in every game they played this year. They were always unable to finish, and lost. Not saying they are a good team, but not as bad as most make them out to be. With 4 minutes to go in every game this year, they were either in the lead or within a score with possession. They have just consistantly come up short with that one play that could turn a loss into a win. A dropped pass, a missed tackle, just a handful of plays has made them a 2 win team instead of a 5 win team. Additionally, and surprisingly, the loss of Vilma and the benching of Pennigton has made the team better than it was in week 1. Harris>Vilma in a 3-4 D, and Clemens>Pennington because of the simple fact that DB's have to respect the deep ball, making it tougher to stuff the run.

I don't think the Steelers can make a legit run unless that O line improves though.... the Jets have no pass rush, but today they did. The backbone of the Steelers offense has always been a dominating physical offensive line, but this group doesn't even pass protect very well. When a team can't run block effectively against a weak run D like the Jets, that is reason for concern. Giving up 6 sacks is :D Pitt is a playoff caliber team that had a let down game against what everyone thought was a putrid team. The Jets are better than their record would indicate, but no doubt, the Steelers have serious O line problems.

Very well said Rovers. I agree entirely with this post.

:D Turd-herder?

amish burger ?

pompous jerker?

:D Not bad. Actually Roethlisberger didn't play too poorly, and what he has accomplished this year, behind that offensive line, is downright amazing.

This loss will just make the victory over New England all the sweeter. :D

Okay, that looks even stoooopider in type than it did rattling around in my head. Nope, that loss just sucks. And the Pats will kill Pittsburgh.

Dang. :D Still, I'm wearing a Steeeeeeler tie to work today -- "in good times and in bad", you know ... :wacko:

I always wear my Steeler stuff to work on Monday, win or lose.

As for the Patriots and the playoffs, it doesn't look good, but, you never know. When we 3-5 two years ago, do you think there were many people thinking a Super Bowl victory was a possibility ? Even when we entered as the 6th seed, I don't think any realistic fan thought we had a chance. Let it play out, you never know what might happen. Although, the Patriots look as close to invincible as any team I have EVER seen.

Congrats on that! :D

Thanks - every time we move, the combination of acquiring more stuff and my getting older and out of shape, makes the process gets harder and harder. Friday night and Saturday morning / afternoon were pure hell. I woke up Sunday feeling like I used to on Sunday's after playing a Saturday game in college, brutal. I really need to get back into a gym................. :D

Thanks - every time we move, the combination of acquiring more stuff and my getting older and out of shape, makes the process gets harder and harder. Friday night and Saturday morning / afternoon were pure hell. I woke up Sunday feeling like I used to on Sunday's after playing a Saturday game in college, brutal. I really need to get back into a gym................. :D

I'm right there with you....but I went the old man route and started doing Tai Chi. The nice thing is that I can practice anywhere, so getting to the gym is not an excuse :D